Why is this shit draining my battery and making my phone super hot?

why is this shit draining my battery and making my phone super hot?

Attached: Screenshot_20220614-202203_Device care.png (1080x2400, 168.89K)

>android
>buggy and power-hungry
weird

Just restrict its usage
>Discord
Dilate cuck

Attached: Screenshot_20220615-015040_Settings.png (1080x2400, 169.69K)

wtf is a Media Storage
is it a samsung only thing?

I did that
it didn't do anything

Exfiltration & Ransomware. Get better internet so it can finish quicker.

You installed some sort of malware user. I don't see that anywhere in my app list, and I'm on a S22.

>mlp
probably malware
check if that media storage program has an update installed, look for weird programs you have etc

Media Storage fucking sucks. It's the background task that scans for media files and collects their metadata, generates thumbnails, etc. Things that make it waste more CPU are having more media files (images, audio, videos), and simply having more folders it has to scan through. If you have media that you only use with specific apps that don't rely on it being indexed by the system, put an empty file named ".nomedia" (note the dot) in their folders. When Media Storage encounters a .nomedia file, it stops scanning that path. So if you have some deep or complex directory structures that don't contain any media files, you can also stick a .nomedia at the top of it to save it having to scan through the whole thing to see that there's nothing to index.

I've had a shitton of files forever and this shit only started draining my battery and making my phone hot as fuck literally today

i have thousands of pictures and half terabyte music files on my phone, also many small files and subfolders
and media storage still uses 0% for me
but i got another problem:

Attached: 1655284077032.jpg (1080x2160, 161.38K)

>Oops, your files have been encrypted!

Idk why it only goes haywire on some devices and not others. I suspect I might have something funky that confuses it and makes it scan everything more often than it should, but I don't know what it could be or how I could find it.
About how high is your screen brightness?

Just make a backup of your data and then reset your phone to factory settings. I had a similar problem, my phone was heating up for no reason. Resetting it solved it.

No, it's an Android component. OP broke his phone on purpose and now spamming these threads.
Pic related. Media storage should not drain battery, and the size under storage is actually the size of your all media files.

Attached: Screenshot_20220615-101139_Settings.png (1440x3088, 174.33K)

I'm trying to make a backup of my settings and shit on an external card with smart switch but it isn't working because I have too much shit saved to my phone's internal memory already so it never loads

>About how high is your screen brightness?
it's at 140% most of the time, but even if i lower it it still always eats over 40%
>the size under storage is actually the size of your all media files.
on some roms it is not

Attached: 1655284803298.jpg (1080x2160, 165.12K)

I used to get this issue. It's usually a file it gets stuck on and can't give up on. This is the note I wrote myself when I was trying to diagnose it:
Try: su -c 'lsof |grep AA'
Where AA is the name of your external SD card under /storage

Just copy your contacts, music and pics to a hard drive. Who cares about settings?

>backup of my settings
you seem to be using stock samsung ui, it doesn't have much settings as far as i know
you may have a hard time copying your media if you have the SAF shit (android 11 and higher)

what does this do exactly and how do I do it?

>140%
I didn't know it could even go that high. How high is "if I lower it"? Mine is usually around 20-50% and it doesn't use that much battery. Then again it's an AMOLED so it will behave differently than an LCD.

It lists all open files on your SD card, which shouldn't been many normally. You do it in a terminal, and it requires root.

Yeah that's right. You're basically hoping to see what file it's hanging on. It's not a definitive answer and it might not help, android doesn't offer great logging options unlike the kernel it heavily lounges upon!
The alternative is moving chunks of data off your storage onto a USB stick, seeing if your battery improves. Probably easier.
You can move the lot off, move it back in chunks.

>I didn't know it could even go that high
usually it couldn't, it is just a feature of my rom
>How high is "if I lower it"?
to around 20%, and it still eats a lot of battery
>Then again it's an AMOLED so it will behave differently than an LCD.
i have AMOLED too, but the only pure black elements in my color scheme are texts, everything else is bright
may the drain be like this because i have set the colors to very warm and oversaturated? i will also try a pure black theme sometime, but it kills my eyes so i don't use it for now