I just rescued this bad boy from the trash

I just rescued this bad boy from the trash.
I upgraded the ram from 4GiB to 16GiB DDR3L
I had to replace the headphone jack, the other one has something stuck inside it, I'll post a picture here in a second.
1tb HDD, I'll buy a SSD at Walmart tomorrow.
It has Windows 10 on it, yuck I'll be installing Ubuntu on it for now until I have more time.

Attached: 20220614_231626.jpg (3512x3000, 2.41M)

I had to dig out my macro lens

Attached: 20220614_232057.jpg (2542x1377, 956.44K)

Chiclet keyboard garbage

Yeah but it was free. I'll be wiping. I hate Windows so much it's unreal.

>I just rescued this bad boy from the trash.
I upgraded the ram from 4GiB to 16GiB DDR3L
I had to replace the headphone jack, the other one has something stuck inside it, I'll post a picture here in a second.
1tb HDD, I'll buy a SSD at Walmart tomorrow.
based
>It has Windows 10 on it, yuck I'll be installing Ubuntu on it for now until I have more time.
cringe

What's amazing is I literally had an Inspiron 15 for parts that had a broken screen.

I'm a fucking hoarder. I just keep shit and eventually it gets used to the point then I throw it out when its no longer of use to me.

Nice me too. Here's the picture of the salvaged laptop, it was a Celeron. I'm going to take the motherboard and power button out and turn it into an emulator PC. Throw the rest out.

Attached: 20220614_232555.jpg (3506x2685, 3.59M)

god Ubuntu takes so long to boot anymore, I might have to switch to arch, even with a quad core and 16gb of ram its been booting for well over a minute, and I am ONLY now seeing the mouse cursor... ffs canonical get your shit together!

Have you tested to keyboard yet OP? I've done some restouring old laptops I found around (randomlly or at people's homes) and almost all of them had some problem with the keyboard

Cool blog how do I unsubscribe

>Ubuntu
just as bad as windows

I have another one around here somewhere, I will be replacing it, something was spilled into this one, for now I am using it to install Linux. There was rust on the DVD drive, I had to change the entire chassis with the other one I had. It will be going into the trash. It seems nice and zippy once Ubuntu boots up.
I have been using Ubuntu for well over a decade. It is only recently become unbearable.
there is a down arrow next to the original post on the main page, click it, then click "hide thread"

Attached: how to unsubscribe.png (266x146, 4.38K)

imagine voluntarily using a laptop with a shit display, shit processor, shit battery life, and shit keyboard. Let this thing be ewaste or donate it to someone poor

yeah the resolution is 1366x768
but it is an i3 5015U, with 16GiB of ram it is really quick for what it is.
Battery at 40% reports that it gets 3 hours and 58 minutes, it's a brand new battery with like 3 cycles on it.
All that being said, I own a Ryzen 3700 with 64gb of ram, 2tb nvme ssd, rtx 2060, so this is a tertiary PC, just something I am restoring.
Why are you so angry? is your sugar high? might want to take your insulin.

The DVD drives usually end up having a rust problem due to accumulated moist, unless you still use DVD midia (like a patrician) a USB one is dirt cheap to replace it.
As for the keyboard, I belive its fucked, once you spill shit on it, it seeps onto the small parts under it and its over
nice trips btw

Attached: 1654559938681.jpg (540x441, 103.81K)

I just needed it to press f12 and type a few things. Ubuntu is very mouse centric. My wife is sleeping and the keyboard is buried. I replaced it with the other DVD drive but I never use it. I may buy an enclosure for a secondary SSD for shits and giggles, I can install Windows 7 on it.

Story behind it, neighbor gave me an inspiron 15 with a busted screen, I shoved it in the closet with the rest of my PC parts. While out for a walk with my pug my neighbor was just throwing it out. (spring cleanup week) I had a new battery, keyboard, DVD drive, 16GB DDR3L I had pulled out of an old gaming laptop that shit the bed, replaced the USB/Headphone jack and the sound works now. It had 1 stick of 4gb and Windows 10 that was locked. I prefer Ubuntu whenever possible. I was suprised he didn't want to salvage an i3 5th gen. I find joy in giving slightly older things new life. I will take it to work with me to play minecraft with while the floor wax dries. They put me up in hotels to strip and wax floors all over NY State. So it being a piece of shit kind of works for me. Haters gunna hate.

Is that 11 inch, user?

no I wish, 15", it runs Linux beautifully though :)

>TN screen
put it back in the trash