/tjg/ - Tech Jobs General

Workplace stories. Advice on how to progress in your career. Ask and give help on HOW TO GET A JOB. Discuss the technologies you use.
Making fun of NEETs is allowed and encouraged.

Resources:
leetcode.com/problemset/all/
novoresume.com/career-blog/star-interview-questions
blog.interviewing.io/
codesubmit.io/blog/the-evolution-of-developer-salaries/
layoffs.fyi/

Last thread

Attached: 1619123723047.jpg (960x768, 70.73K)

I hate my job

TL;DR: Should I move to infosec (from backend engineer)? advise?

My current job is as a backend engineer at a promising startup, a company just dumped millions of dollars to it, my job is comfy and pays well but it seems to be getting less exciting as time goes by. There's a need for infosec people as we've been growing and we've been capturing good and bad attention, should I try transitioning horizontally to the soon to be infosec dept? should I expect a salary bump or decrease? Is it a good idea? Should I just continue and move to a manager position for an early retirement once the company goes public?

redpill me on hackerrank
currently doing the sql and python prep
hit sql mediums and I know NOTHING
will the stars/certs help land me a data analyst job

>so how did I do on the test
>...
>no reply
Techbros...

Attached: 1634009721416.jpg (1024x836, 192.06K)

go infosec

It's been over a week... they're not gonna contact me after that interview are they...

I have no idea if this is Any Forums meme magic or what but my work place literally just started a salary adjustment program and I got a 14% raise

Me too but it pays decently and I'm too lazy to look for something new.

Attached: 1563089437390.jpg (423x613, 50.39K)

the fed is going to rape us all tomorrow and it'll be back to neetdom

Still here user? Too much to type without confirmation.

I should stop being picky on what companies I apply to. I have only applied to ~10 companies so far and I've gotten no interviews.

If been a neet for too long, go on without me bros ...

is this whole board really unemployed students? why do i even come here kek. i'm going back to teamblind

Do all tech companies do tests during the interview?

I'm planning on doing an Advanced Computing (Honours) degree next year. The degree allows you 8 open electives (from any degree) which is enough for a major. Would it be worth doing electronic engineering as a major?

Good morning /tgj/ i hate retarded leetcode zoomer pajoomers

My current 15 man company didn't. But the other bigger ones did

what are some good work from home jobs for a wagie thats tired of being a wagie?

SAHCS is relatively easy to get into and can be quite lucrative.

looked it up and it didn't give me anything, what is that suppose to mean?

Stay At Home Cock Sucking