How do they get away with selling rubber dome keyboards for 400$?

How do they get away with selling rubber dome keyboards for 400$?

Attached: HHKB-Pro-2.jpg (1200x900, 311.63K)

don't these use EC switches? they're not rubber domes that you're thinking of from dell keyboards.

They have a small and niche market segment that is stupid with money and will gladly buy it.
Keep in mind, I'm not talking about the mechanical keyboard spergs, they're stupid, but not stupid enough to spend $400 on a single prebuilt mechanical keyboard unless it gives them the satisfaction that they assembled it, this doesn't even give them that, you can't even really customize it.

It's a status symbol keyboard, you buy it because it's well known, if you want the stupid layout, you can emulate it on better keyboards that cost 25% of what a HHKB costs.

I was gonna add that a HHKB is the rolex of keyboards, but you get my point.

There's a rubber dome providing the tactile feedback for the capacitive switch. It's a really nice rubber dome, though.

you can get one for under $200 shipped straight from the otaku capital.

i remember when you could get them for way less back then and the price was already outrageous
cant believe people actually bought into the cringy "hacker" brand there's really an unlimited supply of redditors ready to waste their money to post a pic of [product] online

They put a spring under the domes, duh.
I bought mine like 9 years ago because I wanted a “mechanical” keyboard with native Mac keybindings, and I like the layout. It’s a nice board. I have another meme board, the white fox, but I like the hhkb way better.

I really hate this keyboard. It's an insult. It's probably the only one you can get that has the sun unix layout, but it's an overly expensive minimal mess. What a joke. It's like walking up to a water source, only to find out it spews mud.

You can program any decent keyboard to have any layout you desire.

Why do people still want the sun unix layout?
Control being in the Caps Lock position makes a multitude of ctrl-based keybinds into RSI-inducing contortions.

This is my endgame

Attached: A85645DC-8471-45CC-AB10-64BC9EEBB0C6.jpg (800x727, 180.24K)

By making them feel amazing.

Attached: NRDTbdIIkJtb.jpg (4032x3024, 797.22K)

What do you mean?
I put Control to where caps lock is all the time and it’s amazingly comfortable.
Even More so for Video games

>white fox
is that the one that took years to ship? how much did it go for $200?

Cargo culting at its finest. Even Cherry switches are better.

idk it just feels nice to type on. I got mine way cheaper than $400 though

topre type heaven was just over $100 back when it was available.
i wouldn't pay a dollar more for a topre board. they're nice, but not $200+ nice. i bet it was discontinued to maintain the artificial 'high value' of topre

Attached: file.png (760x378, 231.98K)

Topre is unironically my grail keyboard and I've a old fag

>How do they get away with selling *insert some overpriced shit that retards still buy*

I wonder.

It is, and it did. I bought it because I liked the exposed switches, and I wanted some SA profile keycaps. I used to work in the defense industry, and some of the (very) old equipment had them, and I thought they were nice to type on. Stupid reason, but there you have it.