Why is the entire Linux desktop experience subject to the whims of two or three self-righteous faggots?

Why is the entire Linux desktop experience subject to the whims of two or three self-righteous faggots?
Users were asking for them to allow a PR to fix the file chooser and the GTK devs acted like massive faggots with selective blindness.

Attached: screenshot-2022_06_14-051727_PM.jpg (828x784, 111.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/839
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where is your working bug-free PR that you claim exists? Any Forums has been saying they have a PR for this for 20 straight years and none ever materialized.

This isn't the icon feature request, this is when they removed the ability to typeahead like you can in every file manager on earth. You have a file named "pepe" so you start typing p and you expect it to scroll down to the "p" section.
Starting a few years ago they introduced some faggot-ass pet project to begin a recursive search for "p" that doesn't even work half the time, then when people didn't like it they removed the configuration option to remove it.

And where is your working PR?

>GNOME

Pshh... Me? I just use KDE. Less headaches that way.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 23-26-54 df40ddd25fac8ffbc1de7aa1ab196ae5.jpg (JPEG Image 473 × 266 pixels).png (1233x693, 790.59K)

They don't want a PR. They're not accepting any.
There was working one in picrel and the dev pretended like it didn't exist. His response was "Think long and hard about the developer time you're wasting." He's a massive faggot gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/839

Attached: screenshot-2022_06_14-052643_PM.jpg (820x299, 51.91K)

>Yes: we don't want typeahead. It's dead. It's pining for the fjords. It's an ex parrot.
>Neither is destroying usability by removing useful features like typeahead and destroying user freedom by removing even the option to turn it back on. You are dumbing down Gnome Desktop to ape the user interface of Windows 10 and Google Android tablets, which is completely nonsense in a DESKTOP environment. This has started with the development of GNOME/GTK3.
>Congratulations, @palacs: you got this issue locked.

Why hasn't anyone forked GNOME 40 like MATE did for GNOME 2 and restore some common sense back into it?

Why do they need to accept your PR?

>screeching noises

>Fork a whole project to revert one change that isn't even relevant anymore

Imagine still using Linux when you could just use a Mac OS with a working thumbnail viewer.

I don't know how people tolerate GNOME. Nothing against the people that do, I guess people like the aesthetic, but I have no patience for shithead devs sabotaging projects.

Because I do 3D rendering and the M1 Ultra's rendering performance is abysmal compared to AMD and Nvidia's GPUs.

i wasn't aware gnome was the entire linux desktop.

Did you tell them it's perfect for gorgeous looks and can push asap?

GNOME is extremely polished for a DE and it looks nice and fresh. The problem is they went overboard on the simplification, getting rid of the minimize button was the weirdest change I've ever seen a desktop environment do. Ubuntu's modified GNOME fixes a lot of these issues, but there are still quite a couple of problems that persist, such as the bizarre avoidance of the thumbnail mode in the file picker.

systemd enters the chat

Just fork it lol.

gnome is a rickety shit bucket desktop that only a screeching minority of mentally ill freaks over there at the laughing academy use. gnome is irrelevant. the gnome devs should get off the fence and make everything fullscreen and remove windowing - it's what they all want to do, so they should just do it and stop pretending they're making a UI for desktops.

I use openbox but still have to deal with their piece of shit file-picker in Waterfox

you can override it easily i think

>Don't accept a broken patch to fix your pet issue = sabotaging projects
Delusion