/pg/ Python General

Please no bully this time Edition

Attached: Python-language.png (698x433, 2.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/2471942/in-python-whats-the-best-way-to-emulate-perls-end
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Scrapy is bloat.

Attached: 1655242150513.jpg (419x610, 289.95K)

This is the first time I've heard of it. Is it better just to write your own scraper with other libraries?

I prefer to have better control of my spiders. Scrapy dumbs down web scraping way too much.
The last time I used it, I spent an entire afternoon reading docs just to see the request fail against Cloudflare. I had to redo everything from scratch.

I like python but the syntax is for brainlets
num = num + 1 makes my brain explode. How retarded is that

Yeah there are a lot of things that don't really make sense but I'm hoping once I get used to them it will be better.

You can do that in C.

First comment of the question
stackoverflow.com/questions/2471942/in-python-whats-the-best-way-to-emulate-perls-end
>your brain on Python

Attached: perl-logo.jpg (632x314, 40.71K)

good morning xirs!!

Okay user. I will have respect for you this time and i won't turn it into a C# thread.

Bros, wgmi when 3.11 comes out right? We'll finally catch up with PHP performance right?

No, PHP, Node and Lua are on a whole other level of performance. Python would need a lot of changes to even get close. Even Cython isn't as fast as PHP 8.

who the fuck uses scrapy... use requests and bs4. and some re. also selenium. that's all you need...

Attached: 1638629661247.jpg (654x962, 481.71K)

Thank you sir

Attached: 1652425206287.jpg (1024x1024, 108.89K)

>num = num + 1 makes my brain explode
What did you want instead? num++?
"num += 1" is valid Python, and it does what you might expect.

What are they changing in it and when is it being released?
It's still weird syntax. But most syntax is weird to me because I'm new to programming.

I prefer cli, but I have to have a gui. So, which toolkit/library should I use? I have no experience with any of them.

Qt5? tk?

Now let me ask you. As a C# guy i don't know much about Python. And i want to be able to create a bot that goes through the subscription/login phase for a few website and then scrapes data. It should be detection proof. I already have ideas about how to do it
>Randomizing the delay between each request within an interval to make it look human
> Randomizing the x; y; position of the mouse inside the button tag before clicking to avoid detection based on mouse placement detection
etc....

What i don't know is which Python libraries i should use for that.

Selenium

I have no idea. I've just started using Python and it's my first language.

I hate this language.

making references implicit and hidden is fucking retard

Oh, okay. Good luck then.

selenium is exactly what you're looking for, you can control everything you mentioned with it.

Attached: judgment.jpg (1088x1078, 78.66K)

Tkinter is pretty easy to use for practice/learning projects. I like the way Kivy looks. Seems easier to get a modern looking GUI with Kivy than tkinter, but you'd probably need to spend more time learning the framework to do anything complex

How is Selenium compared to Cypress and Puppeteer ?

Thanks bros!