WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING IN WEBP??????

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING IN WEBP??????

Attached: WebP.png (1541x1213, 91.38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

take-me-to.space/XIgTDil.webp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jpeg and PNG is too ubiquitous.
Don't you want a new standard that Google is trying to shove down your throat?
They're the internet you know.

it's lossless isn't it? and uses less data? Just convert it to PNG, or are you incompetent?

some of it is .jfif too

wouldn't be a problem if Any Forums added webp support

they don't want you to ripoff their content that they contracted to have made for thousands of bucks.

Can it do animation without being shit, i.e. .gif?
If it can I might consider.
Sure we have apng but nobody uses it.

i just want to save image and use it on Any Forums i cant be bothered to convert every fucking pic related i want

They need more room for the gigabytes of code running the site and ad trackers.

Just disable it in your browser

image.webp.enabled false

real question is why ISN'T everything using webp, its uses less internet traffic fo rthe same quality

face it Any Forums you lost
no one uses .avif
and webp will replace all of jpeg (and png) making jpeg xl obsolete

This extension is the best I found: "Save Image by Right Click: PNG, JPG, or WebP"

Ideally I would like to find an extension which converts them to PNG automatically. or even better, a way to remove WEBP as an accepted format in my HTTP headers.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 7.34.43 PM.png (1236x1294, 466.6K)

Use gif2webp (a part of libwebp) to create animated WebP from GIF, such as take-me-to.space/XIgTDil.webp for example.

Bullshit.

I just use an extension that converts it automatically for me

> no one uses .avif

because Firefox does not support animated AVIF

Attached: Firefox logo (2019) 200×208 rendered from SVG by Wikipedia.png (200x208, 28.27K)

that's just a webm user...
also when it comes to programming, it's not fun to load webp knowing that it can sometimes be an animated video, because that makes thing more complicated than it needs to be, and less likely for other people to program an alternative library that is faster at loading webp, because webp has this feature and users want support for it, but you just want to load an image into opengl or something.
It's over engineered for no reason, why not just create a separate extension for animated webp?

JFIF is a part of JPEG. You can rename JFIF to JPEG and assuming there is a SOI marker (0xffd8) any compliant JPEG decoder will be able to process the file. The difference between the two is that JFIF is a file interchange format that lets you embed other data into a JPEG bitstream (such as EXIF data and color profiles).

I really this board and their lack of knowledge on literally everything technology related.

Attached: Lvp1iXZn5M8W.jpg (400x400, 15.32K)

Firefox has an extension to strip WebP and/or AVIF from your accept headers. It's what I use in conjunction with disabling WebP images

Almost every format can be animated.

Animated GIF.

Animated PNG.

Animated WebP.

Animated AVIF.

Animated JPEG XL.

Your only exception is the old JPEG (aka JPEG1).

Attached: Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - conspiracy against the Council of Ten.png (1920x1763, 3.81M)

It's time for us to talk about this.

Motion JPEG is a thing. If you're willing to count hacks like APNG then MJPEG should be considered valid to you, too. Just stick a bunch of JPEG images into a movie container like mov or mp4 and you're good to go