web.archive.org/web/20220330105340/https://rentry.org/dmpdoc
rentry.org/dmprockandroll/
mu-sic-production.fandom.com/wiki/Any Forumssic_Production_Wiki

----------

>Any Forums makes a fourth album
Artist: Anonymous
Theme: Sample challenge
Title: cd Samples
Cover art: desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1645/10/1645106405801.jpg (embed) (embed) (embed)
Rules: You have to use at least one sample from this pack: mediafire.com/file/nmn6ws66q31qnwt/
Submission deadline: Midnight between the 13th and the 14th of June (UTC)
Upload the file somewhere and post the link here.
If possible use a lossless format and upload to a file-sharing service, not to a music site like SoundCloud or Vocaroo.
IMPORTANT: Include the title of the song in the post. Don't rely on us reading it from the filename or tags.
IMPORTANT: Songs that contain anything against YouTube's policies won't be oploaded on YT (but will still be added to the album)

>Any Forums makes a fifth album
Theme: Love songs (not necessarily romantic, can also be bro)
Title: "My only bugs are the butterflies in my stomach"
Artist: Whatever you choose for your track, and "Anonymous" for the songs without an artist name.

>Where can I hear the previous albums?
rentry.org/dmpalbums

Attached: file.png (640x480, 465.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vFXBIFyG4tU?t=137
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck I'm a faggot. previous thread

Daily reminder, hardware > software for music production.

Attached: qy700.jpg (1400x1050, 250.76K)

>He doesn't use both.

Enjoy your Russian rootkit, I guess.

Attached: jv1080.jpg (1600x828, 176.13K)

This is all you'll ever need to make great tunes

Attached: fb01.jpg (1280x720, 98.37K)

>he doesn't sample

is there any midi controller that activates the note when the key bottoms out rather than midway during travel?
iirc, pianos hammer the string when the key bottoms out. why are controllers usually different?

I have four hardware samplers actually.

I don't know but have you tried playing with attack on the synth side of things?

>pianos hammer the string when the key bottoms out
Nope.

Explain ADSR to me

is there a youtube channel where someone records themselves making a whole song? I'm interested in seeing how others do it

Attached: ayy.gif (768x576, 82.37K)

same I just started and I'm very bad at it

Attack is the fade in of the sound and how aggressive it is.
Decay is the fall off from the peak of the Attack
Sustain is the volume that is kept in place after the Decay
Release is the tail of the volume that slowly fades out after letting go of the note

Attached: ADSR.png (540x321, 3.84K)

ah thats sort of a good workaround but desu its just a minor desire of mine for it to work in this fashion. honestly im just going to deal with it.

okay, i remembered incorrectly then. i figured the resistance you felt at the bottom was the whole mechanism with the hammer touching the string. i guess thats not true.

What kinds? I don't mind hardware but I'll probably never touch hardware samplers since I can just do everything in the DAW.

but wait dude, how does it work then? pianos arent harpsichords where the string gets plucked midway through travel and the rest of key travel toward the bottom does nothing... i dont mean to be cheeky, just sincerely curious.

youtu.be/vFXBIFyG4tU?t=137

Is there a sample manager that lets me search by folder, as well as filename? Resonic almost does it but A) it's not free and B) it appears I can't search by folder

Attached: file.png (1928x1058, 276.88K)

>not using sononym

>it's not free
nvm poorfag

i had to slow it down but it does look like it hits the string before bottoming out. TIL. i still cant quite wholly mentally digest the mechanism but i know a bit more now.