Is it THE GNU/Linux?

>old as dirt yet still maintained
>used to be an rms-approved distro and is still the father of rms-approved distros and *mostly* a foss distro
>uses systemd, which, like it or not (i don't), is defining software in the gnu/linux ecosystem
>supports every device, just werks (need ethernet or usb tethering for initial setup though)
>comfiest package manager (though i concede there are functionally superior alternatives)
>the single upstream distro of definitely a plurality of the other distros out there and probably even well over a majority
Is it THE GNU/Linux?

Attached: Debian_logo.png (300x395, 24.66K)

She's ol' reliable.

of course it is. just like about every other desktop linux distro. no, i don't mind proprietary drivers.

>oh you have onboard ethernet card?
>uh oh stinky

someone help me get out of sub 1080p hell. Ive added all non-free sources, added firmware-amd-grpahics, xserver-xorg-video-amdgpu, amdgpu1, ive read the wiki and followed the instructions and im ready to quit. Ive downgraded kernels to see if it would work but no luck either.

Attached: helphelphelp.png (557x457, 67.9K)

Yes. It's just THE comfy maintainable just-werks distro. Have been using Debian sid for over a year and I've never been happier. Unironically Debian unstable is more stable than Ubuntu LTS.

Attached: fb7.jpg (1080x607, 51.84K)

i rebooted for the nth time but i guess its working

Attached: FUCKYE.png (1610x948, 229.61K)

Test

>Is it THE GNU/Linux?
mmm... no.

Attached: th-2169023054.jpg (474x428, 43.32K)

Fucking retarded Any Forums doesn't like when I post commands wtf.
Glad you got it working. Not so glad that if you hadn't, I, and presumably others, couldn't have helped you, because Any Forums had a fucking sperg attack about basic troubleshooting commands.
Must be a mitigation against the troll delete-your-home-dir command shitposters

>using debian with a DE
ngmi

>needs ethernet or usb tethering for initial setup
Wait, are you telling me it doesn't support wifi out of the box?
Even arch does that, and since a long time now. Wtf.

Wifi support out of the box is iffy.
If you get the image bundled with nonfree drivers it's only as iffy as it is with arch.
i.e. still iffy.

Debian does not "use systemd" - it's the 'universal operating system', it is fully flexible on whether you use systemd or not, which in any case is not "defining software in the gnu/linux ecosystem" (this sounds like a corporate boast more than anything else.)

Depends on what image you download. If you download the normal image you may or may not have drivers out of the box. You'd have to download the non-free image to increase your success rate.

single-purpose debian unstable minimal, with auto-updates, vm is peak conf

it literally just works, never need to do any tinkering, very comfy system

For me, it's Slackware.

Attached: 1024px-Slackware_logo_from_the_official_Slackware_site.svg.png (1024x219, 19.12K)

I love Debian so much, bros.

How's it treating you? Was thinking of ditching mint for it as my backup distro.

Happy with fedora

Great, I've never had a problem with Slackware. As long as you're fine with the package management, Id recommend trying it.

You have to track down and install dependencies manually right? I've been thinking about try it out on a spare computer to see what a more "unix-like" experience would entail.

like it or not arch+gnome is the most complete linux OS