Firefox is anti-privacy, it sends you searches to third parties

Firefox is anti-privacy, it sends you searches to third parties.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=31744862

Attached: 3.jpg (379x364, 92.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it just has bad defaults, use librewolf if you don't care about chrome vs firefox

get off the internet if you don't want your info leaking to third parties, businesses only give a fuck about the the internet BECAUSE its a goldmine for harvesting third party data
i swear no one on this board knows anything about technology

Of course if you have search suggestions enabled, it sends it to the engine. You can either choose to split the URL and search bars into two and uncheck the "Show search suggestions in address bar results" options, or disable search suggestions altogether.

>firefox is antipiracy it sends my ip when i visit websites!!!!!!
Thats how retarded you sound right now

Holy shit, it sends a DNS request? I'm switching to Brave immediately.

>browser tries to resolve what could be possibly be a domain, as a domain???
Retarded faggot

OH NO I CANT SET A SIMPLE FUCKING PREFERENCE FIREFOX IS EVIL
oh wait
It's like the dumbshits who think ABP is bad because there's a fucking "acceptable ads" option that IT TELLS YOU ABOUT ON INSTALL AND HOW TO FUCKING DISABLE.
>in b4 baww abp slow tho, get a better pc, at least abp actually blocks things unlike ubo which hides so much shit from you after it's loaded and too late regarding privacy

How does that even make sense? If you search "test" itll do a DNS lookup of "test"? Is that even a valid as a DNS query?

Yes, DNS is retarded, that actually IS a valid dns query and a bunch of enterprise intranet bullshit would break if firefox did not have this behavior, basically.

Then it's a non-issue / working as intended unless they somehow separate URLs and search?

>it just has bad defaults
I guess that absolves it then

no shit sherlock

There was a setting for this...

wow its real

Attached: file.png (979x95, 10.95K)

Is there any browser at this point that is half decent that respects your privacy?

Librewolf and any browser that doesn't make 3rd party connections. Test them yourself and see if they can be trusted.

I dont have the tech chops to test them. Is there a website you can use to help show what your browser is doing?

>Then it's a non-issue
congrats you figured out Any Forums
this is a bait thread retard

How would you access the niggertoungemyanus host without a DNS query, dumbfuck?
Either this is a bait thread or Any Forums is becoming even more retarded.

Attached: dog thread.jpg (600x813, 56.86K)

If you type test, it will search your default search engine for "test"

You need to type test then it will query your domain server for the domain "test"

Oh no, not my info! It's so important!!

In Firefox, you can show connections with about:networking