Reminder that you have ZERO reason not to use an alternative layout, qwerty is outdated and made for typewriters...

reminder that you have ZERO reason not to use an alternative layout, qwerty is outdated and made for typewriters, not electronic keyboards

Attached: 1655201952030.png (640x756, 501.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O4xlhjOtOJ0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have zero reason to use an alternative layout.

why should i care?
i dont write on keyboard 10h a day
go get some break maybe

Attached: legi rock.png (1920x1080, 2.06M)

if you dont give a shit about ergonomics and are fine with being inefficient and rsi then I guess theres no big reason to switch

>made for typewriters, not electronic keyboards
Whats the difference? You're still typing.

when was the last time your keyboard physically jammed?

No you imbecile, Qwerty was invented to improve the agility of latin-based writers. That's why the most used letters are always on the sides and the least used ones are in the middle.
Also, a keyboard is an iteration of a typewriter and there were many that felt just like a modern membrane keyboard.

Not since QWERTY became a thing.

source please

I used dvorak for a month and went back to qwerty because it's more comfortable. The vowel placement in dvorak seems intelligent until you start using it and realize how uncomfortable it is for the left hand to be stuck in that same position 95% of the time.

QWERTY is standard finding a keyboard with an alternate layout is hard and more expensive. Spending the time to remap and change the keys just isn't worth it. Why would I use a layout that requires me to change key bindings for every computer I use. Qwerty is for people who do work and don't need to autistically fiddle with everything they use just to start. Using other layouts is like having OCD for computing.

>spending 10 minutes to rearrange the keys and switching layout isnt worth the effort
stopped reading there

Attached: 1634187336299.jpg (750x743, 211.79K)

>being inefficient
this only applies if you are a stenographer
>rsi
i use laptop keyboard for over a decade and never had any problem, so maybe just take breaks? i said this already.

I already do over 90 WPM andI barely write shit, 90% of it is for shitposting.

Then your co worker needs help on his machine and you go back to the typing speed of a preschooler because you trained your muscle memory for a meme layout.

You can't just switch keys, they are curved differently per line

WOW! its almost as if rsi isnt an immediate thing that happens! I wonder why even when using a computer 16 hours a day its still mainly 30 year olds that complain about rsi????

you realize that you can be proficient in multiple layouts at once, right? youll only have the typing speed of a pre schooler with qwerty if you never use it again
youtube.com/watch?v=O4xlhjOtOJ0

Attached: 1640412343163.png (1098x1006, 562.05K)

incredible!!!

>unnoticeable increase in performance
>anything with keybinds becomes harder
>anything with keyboard controls becomes harder (vidya)
>need a mechanical keyboard (or have to do 100% touch typing) since keys won't match
>you have to retain muscle memory for two different layouts, otherwise you will be crippled if you have to use someone else's keyboard
"efficiency" is irrelevant when I already type at 100 WPM, what could possibly require more than that? there are vastly more cons than pros here

Attached: 1654761345633.png (278x316, 94.53K)

HEY user

I THINK YOU’RE FORGETTING ABOUT THE TIME SPENT TO LEARN THE NEW LAYOUT

Which you won't be practicing much because why would you have more than one layout for all your machines. So after a few years of using it yeah you would go back to preschool speed as you keep mistyping in qwerty. That or are you advocating practicing all the layouts which just means this supposedly easier method now added a chore I have to do to keep functioning in a qwerty dominated world.

>>unnoticeable increase in performance
not unnoticeable, its more comfortable and more efficient
>anything with keybinds becomes harder
not the case with colemak, either way you can always rebind your keybinds
>anything with keyboard controls becomes harder (vidya)
what year are you in where you cant rebind your controls?
>need a mechanical keyboard (or have to do 100% touch typing) since keys won't match
you should have a mechanical keyboard in 2022, even on most rubber dome keyboards you can change the keycaps
>you have to retain muscle memory for two different layouts, otherwise you will be crippled if you have to use someone else's keyboard
youre making this sounc much harder than it is, and if worrying about your typing speed with qwerty slowing down is an issue then youre already using qwerty commonly, you wouldnt care if you only had to use qwerty like once a month or something
read above
oh no, a few weeks to learn a new layout (much much less time if you use a trainer) for a layout youll use for the rest of your life, how terrible!

why don't you post your monkeytype wpm nigger? i bet it's less than 80