Why aren't you using Go?

Why aren't you using Go?

Attached: 1_HFrsxfk9dKXnTnf5Lu6tOg.png (1400x839, 101.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eng.uber.com/data-race-patterns-in-go/
killedbygoogle.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=uwajp0g-bY4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why even use any other language besides Go?

Attached: 1_sTVuFrIQ_npLpOFBx-0PxQ.png (1400x839, 78.29K)

>one piece of garbage smells a bit less than the rest of the garbage in the list

They didn't include Rust yet

Attached: 1640003639658.png (1768x1134, 146.97K)

For anything that isn't a console app or a webservice.
Then again, for a webservice I'll prefer java, updating a project in go is a fucking pain.

Because C exists.

I'm happily married to Go for 5 years now. Made me fall in love with programming all over again.

I like go in theory, but i get the feeling that its just used for apis and stuff and id be better off learning c# if i were to learn anything else

>For anything that isn't a console app or a webservice.

Literally what else is there? Anything else and you're using C++ or C

C does not have channels goroutines or select

Most of the time I really don't need great performance. If I do need it then Rust lets me go further. Maybe Go hits a sweet spot, but ehh.
Go seems kind of half-assed in terms of language and library design. eng.uber.com/data-race-patterns-in-go/ is the most recent sample I looked at. I love it when code is correct by construction, when wrong code won't even compile, but Go isn't even willing to make it hard to slip up.

Attached: file.png (444x251, 31.93K)

Meme benchmarks user. The only serious one that is updated each week and done professionnaly is the TechEmpower Benchmark. Go is not faster than ASP.NET Core or Java. It's just more memory efficient.

Attached: bench.png (1211x515, 154.96K)

I'm white

All Go frameworks are slower than Java and C# if you use Vertex or ASP.NET 6. The only upside of Go is the memory efficiency of your program.

Every potential use case it has (beyond developing malware) there are just better options.

That's a very good summary user. Go is basically your best choice for writing malware and that's it.

Good

Why on earth would i choose Go over comfy .NET? Because ((((simplicity))))? That's not a feature, it's a bug and just a marketed way of telling you
> "you'll have to do everything from scratch and you will write long lists of if else statements"

I'm done framework hopping. There is nothing that compares to .NET + Ubuntu + VSCode. Some competitors may come close (like Ktor), but Go is not among them.

i tried it today i got filtered hard my app was working until i generated a .exe file and got a thousand errors

Because i'm writing an MSX 2 game, and i'm pretty sure even if go targeted it, the memory waste and overhead would trounce the performance and what i can do in general.

Got a source for this? Just curious...

Got any good resources for running .NET apps in Linux for peak performance?

I refuse to use a new fad every few years. It's just yet another soilang.

i'm happy and comfy with idris

Attached: idris.png (190x88, 4.93K)

It's been out and widely adopted for 10 years

>made by google
killedbygoogle.com/

libthread

>Why aren't you using Go?
>Why even use any other language besides Go?
youtube.com/watch?v=uwajp0g-bY4