The split between .NET and .NET Core

>the split between .NET and .NET Core
>basically forced into Windows for dev
>massive memory usage
>premature optimization everywhere leading to unreliable performance across benchmarks
>promises to be better java, has all the same problems of java
Why do people shill this so hard? Am I missing something?

Attached: c-sharp-c-logo-02F17714BA-seeklogo.com.png (267x300, 16.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/dotnet-foundation
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=646e1256-82f3-4d7f-be3d-577596b4d137&hw=ph&test=composite&a=2
tfb-status.techempower.com/
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=2c323436-dda7-47da-893d-643a5d90fd34&hw=ph&test=composite&a=2
stackoverflow.com/questions/70005465/can-i-add-a-reference-to-a-net-framework-dll-from-a-net-6-project
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r20&hw=cl&test=composite&a=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

t. time traveler from 10 years ago

Yeah all that is false and nobody uses Java past jdk8

people here also shill windows and macos, but it doesn't mean there is a reason for it
they are just bored normalfags without a job, don't mind em

>Why do people shill this so hard?
Because they are getting paid for it? They even created a "foundation" to bait people into their shit platform and even despite of that no one wants to work with it github.com/dotnet-foundation

Attached: 1631694462917.png (1028x806, 95.76K)

Bro, we've all time travelled from 10 years ago

.net core is comfy for any kind of back end service

FYI .NET is .NET Core, they just re-branded it. But yes the .NET Framework -> .NET Core -> .NET was a bad messy and confusing transition for anyone not deep in that ecosystem.

The reason I like C# is that it has a proper type system (unsigned integers) and decent interop with native code.

Wrong, Java 11 LTS is the new hype.

>gets asbsolutely destroyed by Java in performance
KEKELINO

Attached: 1644266642429.png (1355x821, 137.11K)

>inb4 it's not a framework
it is. Will Microsharts ever recover from getting their asses kicked by 20% in a benchmark?

Attached: 1636245628264.png (467x123, 3.72K)

I don't user, you tell me. Every relevant Java library is proved to be inferior to NET Core in performance in this benchmark (that being Spring, Spring Boot, Quarkus and Vertx). There is always one barely heard of library or to that is slighly more performant on a given month, but it's never consistent.

>Jooby was for a very short period of time ahead of ASP and lost it's ranking
>Wizardohttp used to be ahead of ASP for a very short time and lost it's ranking

Seems like there's only one reliable constant that doesn't move in your benchmark and that is ASP.NET Core.

>Every relevant Java library is proved to be inferior to NET Core
Redkale is relevant. Cope
>There is always one barely heard of library or to that is slighly more performant on a given month
>20%
>barely
KEK

>le redditspacing C# shill
.NET gets BTFO by Java hard . End of the story.

Who can tell me how to get sub 1ms GC pauses on .NET

Oh wait, it can't? SHEEEEIT

Java (ZGC, Shenandoah) and Golang will help you out.

>Redkale is relevant. Cope
Kek Yeah, you're definitely a shill. Okay then, who on earth uses Redkale? Go on.

As you can see, on the last benchmark, Redkale is back at the bottom. Now it's another meme library that no one ever used that competes and it's called OfficeFloor. Tomorrow OfficeFloor will be back at the bottom. And ASP.NET Core will keep it's position as always.

As for the Java Frameworks that are actually used by more than 100 person, they're not even contenders.

Attached: IMG_20220614_194938.jpg (720x1238, 389.53K)

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=646e1256-82f3-4d7f-be3d-577596b4d137&hw=ph&test=composite&a=2

Chinese companies
>latest benchmark
You picked a benchmark that is still running you fucking retard tfb-status.techempower.com/

Microsharts can't read, you are beyond retarded. Why don't you pick the last two ones that actually finished? KEK
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=test&runid=2c323436-dda7-47da-893d-643a5d90fd34&hw=ph&test=composite&a=2
And even so, it still gets raped by Officefloor as well.

You filthy shill. Don't ever call someone shill you Micrshart tranny promoting faggot. Your whole company deserves the gas treatment.

Oh hold on! Now i know who uses it. It's a chinkshit library that only supports Java 8 what a fucking meme.
And it can't even maintain it's position on the top more than a fucking month.

aw sweet, schizo thread

Attached: 1553603943995.png (550x488, 15.38K)

>Chinese companies
Name one. The fact that it was built by a chink does not mean that Chinese companies use it.

Attached: IMG_20220614_200007.jpg (720x1088, 240.59K)

Reminder that pic related is the Microsoft shill on this board. A fat faggot with no self control who should join weight watchers instead of shilling .NET on this board.
>only supports Java 8
That is actually a good thing. You can run it on Java 8 and on Java 18 as well. How is that a disadvantage? lol?

Attached: 1624133298590.jpg (1525x1253, 453.45K)

Gezhouba Group, Dongfeng Motors, Huaxin

>life on JVM
You can simply use a JAR from 20 years ago and run it in 99% of all cases
>live on .NET
stackoverflow.com/questions/70005465/can-i-add-a-reference-to-a-net-framework-dll-from-a-net-6-project

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>You picked a benchmark that is still running you fucking retard
I did it on purpose because you did the same. I already know your ways and i know it's more effective to lead you into saying something rather than make you aknowledge it. All the benchmarks composite scores on ftb are unreliable as long as their are not on the main branch as stated here:

> "Frameworks and test implementations change over time, and our composite score weights are only computed for official rounds (e.g., "Round 20"). For the composite scoring shown below to be meaningful, results should be gathered using implementation versions that correspond with the most recent official Round."

The last round was round 20. And ASP.NET Core still remains on top as always.
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r20&hw=cl&test=composite&a=2

Bow down

Attached: IMG_20220614_200835.jpg (720x1305, 439.25K)