Why did Linus reject C++ ?

>C++ not allowed in the kernel
>Rust is allowed in the kernel

Attached: IMG_5400.jpg (1076x1159, 82.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /linus
youtu.be/5FOtPZVEddU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rust trannies are better than c++ trannies it seems

rust is w/e but still massively less retarded than sepples

Are you delusional ? Windows is written in C++ and it's more stable and functional than Linux.

Gigacope. Windows was written in C and only rewritten in sepples with Vista and never posed any competition to Linux whatsoever (cars run linux, supercomputers run linux, servers run linux, etc.)

Wow

>spaced punctuation
shitskin detected and opinion disregarded

Wtf, I hate Gosling now.

Attached: 1648662146090.jpg (480x360, 24.12K)

So Gentoo users should compile two different compilers for a kennel made with two different languages

No, gentoo users will just disable the rust code. Distro kernel fans will have to have cargo installed on their system or the rust modules will become outdated, causing systemd to refuse to boot.

Pretty sure the windows kernel is also written in C.

there's the opinion that Linus wrote in 2007 about C++, back when the current version was C++03.
harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /linus
and he's pretty much right about everything because they didn't even have basic shit like nullptr, auto, constexpr, or all of those niceties that we got in the past 10+ years. and even with these modern features, it *still* is just C with vtables and templates, both of which add unnecessary complexity. Also, unlike C++, Rust has static lifetimes which actually brings benefits to memory safety. C++ is just an overcomplex C that saves a few keystrokes. source: am involved in C++ standards and attend meetings.
here's your (You)

>jumped outside the PC market
>went for C instead of Rust
Gigacope, Windows is better because it's written is C++, clinging on C won't improve Linux.
Cope Rust is inferior to C++.
Mix of C and C++.

c++ is bloatware.

>Windows is better
Lol nice one Elon. Did Paypal switch to Windows btw? I wonder why...

youtu.be/5FOtPZVEddU
Almost all Rust code in the kernel is unsafe.

That Rustrussy hits different on that Cock nam sayn fr fr it do be like that Rustrussy bussin it up and down on Ritchie

>2021

Rust means that 100% of the developers are white dudes, and white men are the best programmers

Chinese government: "This linux kernel programmer is talking shit about China and mentions Tibet on his blog. Do something Chang"

Chang: "Ok I make youtube video where I say Unsafe 30 000 times, and when these stupid people think I know what I'm talking about because I repeat stuff I can start brainwashing them with China propaganda"

Because C++ is a trash language, period. It solves none of the problems of C while adding even more complexity.

I don't know anything about Rust, but I have no doubt that it's better than C++. Can't be any worse, at least.

C++: it sucks
Rust: it's ok I guess, not many choices in its space other than C++.

>source: am involved in C++ standards
why did you let that co-routine spec through? I feel like you have to be full psycho to appreciate it.

Fren it is called Lunix and it is a jail for your mind.

Attached: redfrenpill.jpg (1148x1143, 223.24K)

>t. doesn't know what unsafe means in Rust

Because Rust is much better than C++, simple.

>am involved in C++ standards and attend meetings
You've got some explaining to do then. 90% of the stuff introduced after C++11 was retarded bullshit.