M1 MBA vs M2 MBA

Is the M1 a much better option if you can get it at a discounted price of around ~$800 ??

M2 MBA has:

-slighty faster cpu
-magsafe (meh)
-slighty taller screen
-100 more nits
-newer design but notch

Is all that really worth ~$350 extra?

Attached: mba.jpg (1200x675, 142.46K)

guess we won't know until it's released and we see actual benchmarks

none, get a real computer

show me a "real computer" with as good screen/keyboard/performance and that comes without a fan.

Doesn't sound good if even Apple is quoting 18% faster. That's modest and Apple is anything but modest when it comes to performance claims. My guess is 5% faster in reality.

>comes without a fan
is literally a downside
>good screen
any recent laptop
>keyboard
lol are you saying macpoos have good keyboard? they literally got the worst ones
>performance
did you fall for the ARM "performance" meme? get any recent laptop

xps 13, hauwei matebook 2022

kill yourself faggot

That still makes it competitive in terms of pure performance, and far superior in terms of performance per watt. You'd have to be a special kind of fool to buy a Windows laptop in this age.
Windowspajeet clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, not a single one of his points are good.

what windowspajeet are you talking about?
t. freechad

Zen4 is going to be 25% better in perf/watt than Zen3 and the 6800u is already matching the M1 Max in efficiency. Try again.

both have fans, retard

>Fanless
>Real computer
Pick one

dont M1 screens crack

t. never used an m1 mba

No, not having a fan is godly. I've owned a Pixelbook and an M1 air specifically for not having to listen to fans blast when opening a web browser.

Applel's keyboard/display/trackpad is generally better than standard housefire laptops.

The Air has a plastic film on top of a glass screen.
Pro is straight glass.

I'd rather just have a fan and have full control of the fan and TDP so I can control when it's on or off and the max TDP I'll allow the chip to go to. I've done something like that on my work laptop using Intel XTU to limit the TDP to 15W max and it works great. I don't have control of the fan though.

The only applel products worth buying are the earpods with 3.5mm jack, just because they're the only reasonably good non in-ear earphones.

I have an M1 Air for personal use and a MBP with an i7 and can't tell any diff in performance. Can't imagine an M2 being any better than an i7.

For me its really problematic pricing.
>Norway
>M2 MBA 8/512 = $2000
>M2 MBA 16/512 = $2200
>M1 Pro MBP 14 16/512 = $2300

I see this as a joke from Apple, If I actually wanted to order a MBP14 it wont ship until august (they would probably delay it til september).
I hope this high pricing with an explosive inflation will fuck apple in the ass this year.

lg gram