I want to learn Java

But Im not quite sure which .pdf I should start with since they all seem kinda outdated (although they probably arent if you are just starting, but Im on a schedule here and dont want to spend too much time on outdated info). What would anons recommend me to start with?

>Teach Yourself JAVA in 21 Days by Laura Lemay and Charles L. Perkins
Is this a good startpoint? keeping in mind we are currently at Java SE 18.

Attached: images.png (262x192, 6.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/
dev.java/learn/
youtu.be/xk4_1vDrzzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Java is extremely outdated language without modern developer practices.
Learn C# now here docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/

dev.java/learn/
Java a beginner's guide 9th edition (updated to Java 17, download it from libgen)
Java notes from professional (collection of tips, freely available online)

>docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/
thanks user

> but Im on a schedule here and dont want to spend too much time on outdated info
Since Java is used by a lot of large enterprises which are very slow to change the language doesn't move all that fast. This means a lot of the information that has been written for JDK 8 in 2010 or something is still valid today. For things that change it's not that difficult to just google what has changed and how and adapt accordingly.

> we are currently at Java SE 18.
The enterprise world has barely moved on to JDK 11 so you're better off using that one instead.
It's also what's recommended by most libraries and frameworks.

> What would anons recommend me to start with?

You could watch one of the many Java tutorials or crash courses from Youtube or Udemy.
If you prefer books you can find many of them just lying around in random github repositories, just google and find one that you like.

>Java is extremely outdated language without modern developer practices.

While I do agree that as a language C# is more modern, the fact stands that in terms of maturity and ecosystem Java reigns supreme by a long shot. It's still very much the preferred language for many large enterprises and government organizations.

Do yourself some good and learn C#

Attached: steve-ballmer-lv-999-30-hp-basic-developers-10x-this-attack-51135336.png (500x806, 184.92K)

One word

Attached: csharp-featured.png (800x445, 75.38K)

Why do you want to live a miserable life? Do you enjoy self-harm? Learn C#. It's basically Java but better and actually enjoyable.

Attached: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg (600x600, 30.21K)

I would definitely check it out in the future but for now I NEED to learn Java, thanks.

Java == jobs.

Well..then enjoy it as much as you can (if you can) i guess...

youtu.be/xk4_1vDrzzo

Java != happiness

if you can get away with it, use another JVM language (they all interop with java). kotlin and scala 3.x are magnitudes more usable than java

Oh sweet.... Another pajeet who will join the herd to write unreadable boilerplate.

Attached: EfCWzq1U8AMBcX5.jpg (680x667, 58.05K)

Use money from your Java job to get some coke and hoes then.

Java != Good pay

Read this bad boy and then get the cert.
That's actually valuable

Attached: suffering.jpg (2042x2560, 350.11K)

>Work with Javascript or Python
>Get paid more
>For 1/3rd of the work
>Save your mental health from Java induced burnout and depression

I'm doing a DS concentration but I'm worried that I'll be shooting myself in the foot by basically getting a degree in Python.

Or I can just take a job that pays 2% less and doesn't tax my mental health.

Yeah but you don't even have to do that since Java jobs don't even offer a decent pay.

you're a developer the minute you do your first hello world with your first programming language
so don't worry if you started from that language or the other. You have a duty to learn the rest of them a long the way

The w3 school is a good way to learn the easy stuff.

This honestly means a lot user.