I've been typing for >20 years with my own makeshift technique and can do around 55-60 words per minute with 98%...

I've been typing for >20 years with my own makeshift technique and can do around 55-60 words per minute with 98% accuracy.

But I have to look to the keyboard from time to time.

Is it even possible to learn the proper way after having my brain so hardwired for so long with my improper technique?

Maybe it would take me so long that it isn't worth it?

Any user learned to type the right way after many years doing it wrong?

Attached: ttype.png (285x177, 8.54K)

I switched to colemak-dh and started to touch type about 8 months ago. Typed like a complete retard before, I'm sure you can do it.

55-60 is fine but you just need deliberate practice. Slow down when you are typing words that you are not used to and do it in one stroke(not two) like long words such as "s-o-m-e-t-h-i-n-g"(as opposed to typing "s-o-m-e"..."t-h-i-n-g")

>55-60 words per minute

oh no no no

I switched to Workman in my 20's and can type with 60WPM without struggle.
Sure, I type faster with QWERTY search-and-peck, but then I have to look at the keeb.

Real story no bullshit.

I switched from typing with TWO fingers (touch) at around 120WPM to all 8 and touch typing at 140-150 with a few months of monkeytype.com and some other typing online lessons and games.

Do what he did, otherwise it's not worth it.

100% possible, I did the same last year and after a month of practice had already surpassed my previous speed.
keybr.com
for practice
monkeytype.com
for benchmark

put your index fingers on the F & J
there should be ridges on your keyboard
get used to pressing spacebar with thumbs & shift with pinkie
while holding shift tap space
try alt-caps phrases
try avoiding the caps key
try toggling stuff
it takes muscle memory

Completely doable

I used typing.com to learn the basics, then keybr.com to practice
It took about a month or two to reach 100 wpm

nigger if you are only getting 55wpm after typing for 20 years even the shittiest "real" practice should be able to bring that to at least 80, most gaming retards who use WASD as homerow and use 6 fingers still get 100wpm

My fingers are too short to use normal typing technique. So my sweet 50-55wpm is all im getting out since I have to move my wrists around as I type.

Damn, that's not very good. I get 90 wpm with absolute dogshit technique.

Is it even worth it to learn homerow typing?
I'm using a weird technique where I shift my hand to deal with annoying letters and use, say, backspace. I use my pinky for modifiers only.
I wonder if using "proper" homerow technique which involves using weak pinky to press enter and backpace will strain and damage my hands.

I don't use homerow, have some cheapo razer keyboard - only type with my index fingers, and can type 80-100+ WPM. Step ya game up nigger

try the wide mod with QWERTY or whatever layout you use now, it helped me touch type correctly and I continue to use it with ANSI boards cause its cozy
wide mod has the added benefit of bringing backspace and enter closer to your right pinky

Attached: colemak_keyb_ansi_trad_wide.png (984x264, 56.74K)

I was a filthy two-finger hunter & pecker until 24 years of age.

Taught myself to type full-standard touch typing after college, cause I was annoyed how slowly I typed my thesis.

Two years later and I literally have no idea how I even used to type like that.

Who cares. If your code can be written at 60 words / minute without thinking, it can be written by Copilot.

Alternative layouts absolutely fuck with non-latin layouts, unfortunately, and I don't know my local (cyrillc) layout that would mirror colemak/workman in regards to shortcuts.

Do you feel a difference in regards to strain in your hands?

Take the touch typing pill user. I myself have been typing for >10 years with my own makeshift technique and could onl do around 40 wpm with shit accuracy. Picrelated is the result of one month of ~20m sessions

It's really worth it

Attached: 34521534.png (243x386, 15.75K)