What do you think about the state of unicode in 2022?

What do you think about the state of unicode in 2022?

Attached: Screenshot 2022-06-14 at 19.35.49.png (609x807, 77.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

home.unicode.org/unicode-maya-hieroglyph-project/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>pregnant man emoji becoming unicode standard
We need to go back to the ASCII and the regional codepages.

Any Forums becoming less and less relevant; the world is moving in the direction you all hate and there is nothing you can do about it.
Cope and seethe.

Attached: 1655203284072.jpg (1920x1080, 314.48K)

What will they do if new languages start to become a thing?

they will add the new characters, if that won't be latin alphabet, lol
unless you mean new character encoding standard, it's not a language. then software would have to implement it, and that's likely not going to happen. utf8 already has everything that's necessary

>We need to go back to the ASCII and the regional codepages.
Fuck that, imagine going to a website in current year and see boxes everywhere.

Since utf8 is multi-byte encoding, meaning it can in theory encode endlessly by chaining certain bytes, this won't be a problem in practice. New languages with their own glyphs / writing systems may take lot more bytes to represent in utf8 than other languages however, if added now.

I think there's not enough representation. I don't see a bearded pregnant man in there. Only one with a moustache. This is going to court

at this point it needs an inquisitor to cut out the evil

emojis should never have been part of unicode to begin with.

we need to add shit like mayan hieroglyphs before this garbage

as a socially pregnant two-spritit culturally black genderqueer femme-lesbian with a long beard the lack of representation for lived experiences such as mine is simply yet another aspect of how the racist white colonialist mindset perpetuates structures that privilege heteronormative narratives over the bodily autonomy of marginalized communities

Attached: 1633213736965.png (1641x925, 2.23M)

this would get you an A in college btw

lad...
home.unicode.org/unicode-maya-hieroglyph-project/

>Any Forums, the 4channel board with the highest density of trannies
>complain about pregnant men
Sir, are you retarded?

What happens in America?

neat
is it still a work in progress?
my point still stands, i'm sure they're a lot of ancient characters that aren't in unicode that would be more useful than a fucking pregnant man emoji

while the pregnant man is disgusting and degenerate, i'll give it this much: it will get a lot more use than the signs of languages that have been dead for centuries and you'd have to be generous to say are even of "academic" interest

Don't pretend this loony shit isn't a problem in european countries as well

corn syrup

at its core it's all coming from harvard. fish rot from the head down.

Attached: 1611234159759.png (765x772, 744K)

I don't think emoji should be a part of unicode generally, and really most symbols could be left out as well (including all those "nerd fonts" for exmaple). Image handling is trivial nowdays, so anything that isn't strictly text should be left to images.

But on the other hand, I sort of understand where they are coming from by doing this. Unicode is meant to encapsulate all the possible ways you can write a message, and if newer generations use these emoji then who am I to say no? The entire english language that we all know today is almost nothing like english from even 4300 years ago, let alone 600 or 1500. Things change and evolve as the topics and methods of comunication change, so to have people cling onto the "good old" stands in the way of progress, and the argument of for- or against- progress isn't really what's being discussed here (or at least, I don't want to get into it)

uh so basically i think unicode should just be alphanumeric characters and non-latin characters specific for use in other languages' writing systems. However, adding 58693857683 different emoji should be an entirely sperate debate about the evolution of language. But as per point 1, emoji shouldn't be in unicode; they should be left to image files.

my "basically" was too long so tl;dr
fuck off all emoji and non-writing-system-symbols from unicode

Pregnant man will do important job at leaving mark on history of the period when mankind was retarded

that's fair, but by adding more ancient languages to unicode, maybe it will rekindle interest in them, and more research will be done on these cultures.
i'm pretty sure those languages will survive emojis anyway, people who use them always want more (that's why messaging apps are bloated with things like stickers, gifs and the like)

Nothing to seethe or cope about here, this country is moving more towards the direction I like if anything.
Shit like OP is just funny, imagine living in shitholes that think this is acceptable.

not the guy you are replying to, just wanted to add my 2c
we're going a little off topic here, but i don't think it's necesarily valuable to study them that greatly. Those cultures and languages passed out and we moved on. While it's arguable if progress in this direction is good for mankind or not, it is ultimately progress in many respects and I think by studying ancient history, you become more likely to stagnate and become trapped in cycles of social revolution ( as in, revolving around the same cycle of power/change/etc, not like viva la revolution kind of revolution).

So my poorly articulated point is that by studying too much of the past, you can end up not really moving forward socially/culturally. But I'm not seriously saying that adding some fucking unicode characters is going to ruin humanity, I just kind of felt like bringing this up because it's an interesting topic to me

>food coma emoji
it was long overdue