Google has 164000 employees. If the ratio hasn't skewed too much half of those are software engineers...

Google has 164000 employees. If the ratio hasn't skewed too much half of those are software engineers. So I ask a simple question
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SOFTWARE!?!?!?!?!?
I can think of maybe 10 google software projects off the top of my head, 5 (go, gdrive and gmail, google.com, youtube) of which are worth using and 3 have direct alternatives.
Why the fuck is my window manager written by some autistic Germans, why is my email client older than me? Why scalp every talent developer and make them work on shit that gets axed after 3 years if the entire planet isn't using it. WTF

Attached: 18jwl2.jpg (568x335, 38.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

opensource.googleblog.com/2020/08/open-source-by-numbers-at-google.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Chrome browser, the V8 engine, the internationalization libraries, phone verification libraries and Google Map APIs, the Flutter SDK, the development of the Dart language and the Go language. The Google Cloud Services, etc...

You're a retard.

>why is my email client older than me?
Because it's so good that no competitor was able to beat it.

>Today, Google hosts over 8,000 public repositories on GitHub and more than 1,000 public repositories on git-on-borg
>In 2019, Googlers were active in over 70,000 repositories on GitHub, pushing commits and/or opening pull requests on over 40,000 repositories
opensource.googleblog.com/2020/08/open-source-by-numbers-at-google.html

That doesn't include private repos / internal tools.

Most of what Google does you don't know about. For instance, their main profit driver: Ads. They have people working on the ad exchanges, tracking, AI developments etc. as well as all the defence contracting shit they do behind closed doors.

You thought the Uber real-time cab/delivery tracking API was built BY Uber?? Uber just pays ~50 million USD a month to use the Google Maps streaming API.

Google is the largest open source contributors followed closely by Microsoft who tried to mimic the Google culture these last years.

>the chrome browser
Why would I use that? I guess chromium in brave is viable.
>V8
Javascript is the cancer killing the internet
>the internationalization libraries
see above
>phone verification libraries
I, for one, am glad we have massive megacorporations holding up these bloated standards. Really makes a good environment for innovation.
>google maps apis
they use osm
>flutter, dart
useless garbage
>muh cloud

Where is the USEFUL software, if you have tens of thousands of devs surely they need a good ide. Microsoft has released a few, but they vscode sucks and vsstudio gets worse every year, of course these are all unusable as they aren't foss.
Do I look like Uber, why the fuck would I care. And this "$50 feature" is not very usefull.
Wow, I see the where the car is, that's neat.

Also, absolutely no way 50% are software engineers. You have contingent workers, office maintenance employees, warehouse management employees, designers, data scientists, QA testers, lawyers, researchers, HR, and the layers and layers of PM / managers and admin on top of all these.

Even within engineers you have SREs and PEs who don't make consumer facing products.

The total number of engineers building products is probably much much smaller.

Attached: 1655203781065.jpg (1158x1637, 178.83K)

False. According to their own sec filings from 2016 50% are engineers.

>REEEEEEEE WHY DOESN'T GOOGLE DEVOTE ALL TIME AND MONEY TO MAKE FREE SHIT FOR NEETS LIKE ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Do I look like Uber, why the fuck would I care. And this "$50 feature" is not very usefull.
>Wow, I see the where the car is, that's neat.
That's literally the most angular and important Uber feature. The rest is just a very retarded crud website. Knowing where your can or your food delivery is at, if it will take more or less time IS literally the only relevant tech feature in such a business and the reason why it succeeded. Otherwise you could just call. That was literally Ubers value proposition.

>Why would I use that? I guess chromium in brave is viable.
The Chrome browser and it's Chromium derivative is the only relevant web browser today. And Google has been the only relevant contributor.

>Apply at Google
>Legal role
>Requirements: Four hour hard level leetcode on whiteboard

Literally your source states 27k engineers.

Attached: 1655204153082.jpg (1080x1527, 1.24M)

>Javascript is the cancer killing the internet
The V8 engine made Javascript the fastest non compiled language along with Lua. It's a more impressive accomplish meant given how shit Javascript was. Google didn't create Javascript. They just made it more viable.

>phone verification libraries
wowzers I could run my very own indian phone scam auto dialer. Thanks google. Now how about a well-designed email client or window manager
1. You should make your own food like a real human.
2. Even if you are a uber consooming bugman it makes no difference when the food arives.
3. I don't fucking care it's useless shit.
Shill harder, nigger, all http web browsers are shit.
(27+10)/72 ~ 50%
most of those other roles have some engineers, but admin has the most.
Doesn't matter how fast it is. No JavaScript will always be faster.

>Where is the USEFUL software, if you have tens of thousands of devs surely they need a good ide. Microsoft has released a few, but they vscode sucks and vsstudio gets worse every year, of course these are all unusable as they aren't foss.
VSC is under the MIT license retard

>Where is the USEFUL software
Idk, when i want to ask a question i use Google, when i want to find where to go, i use Maps, when i want to use a phone i use Android, when i want to access the web, i use a Chromium Browser, when i want to develop a CRUD app, i am glad that Google handles authentication, authorization, email validation, address verification and internationalization so i can focus on what's important. If i want to build a mobile app, i don't have to agree with tke vendor lock-in that forces you to use two different languages (swift and Java). I just use Flutter because the 10% performance loss is more than just acceptable for the added benefit. It's peanuts.

>MIT
As I said, not FOSS. + you are thinking of VSCodium + it's worse than most other ides + l + retard
LOL

Okay i get it know. You're a contrarian troll and you're here for the larps. Eat shit nigger.

>ur a troll if you don't rely on uber to bring you food.
Are you ok?

The least talented and most retarded dev at Google is still worth 10 guys like you and will still accomplish more and build more useful things than you will ever do even if granted 10 lifetimes Jamal.

This is what I expected, what I got was some JS libraries and locked down "big data" APIs.
How about some software? You know, the kind that transforms the data contained in a file(s) on my computer to more useful data in other file(s) on my computer.