Stop using password managers

Stop using password managers.
Paper is superior.

>my wife really is the epitome of "You Will Own Nothing, And Be Happy".
YIKES.

>backs up to Google Drive, shoots everything on iPhoneâ„¢, subscribes to LastPass
YIKES.

>>subscribes
>Lmao imagine providing a third party with your passwords and paying them a subscription fee and then losing access to all your accounts

>
>that happened actually. she has anxiety about calling tech support so she had me talk for her.
MAXIMAL ULTRA YIKES.

Attached: 1577169337041.gif (480x480, 71.01K)

only thing I see here is some retard using something that isn't keepass(xc) or self-hosted bitwarden getting fucked in the ass lol

Data corruption and you are fucked.

You store the database in multiple locations and regularly sync. You also keep the keyfile on a couple of secure thumb drives.

>self-hosted bitwarden
what's the reason if it's encrypted anyway?

>You store the database in multiple locations and regularly sync. You also keep the keyfile on a couple of secure thumb drives.
Why ? Why do this (autistic) shit ? Paper simply works.

>and regularly sync
Your master copy fuck up before backup no access.

>Why ? Paper simply works.
Because it's vastly superior to paper in every single way.

It gets backed up every hour. I'm not losing access.

>Because it's vastly superior to paper in every single way.
>it's vastly superior to paper in every single way.
>superior to paper in every single way.
> in every single way.
Not in the data integrity department.

>It gets backed up every hour.
So if it happens between the hours you are fucked got it.

>It gets backed up every hour. I
To what ?

>HEY FBI check out the passwords and websites i have accounts on !
>Add me to your watch list !

>paper, relying on manually transcribing information back and forth, high probability of human error
>flimsy material; easily destroyed by liquid or environmental factors such as pets or children
>ink or carbon for written symbols, easily removed through friction or masked by materials
>higher data integrity
lol

>so if it happens between the hours you are fucked got it
Totally fucked, I may lose access to a single account that I've created and have to restore from the previous hours backup, and then do a password reset. Absolutely, undeniably fucked.

>To what
Another hard drive on the same PC, another PC on the network, and an external drive attached to another PC on the network

>HEY FBI
Torshitter detected. You shouldn't even be using paper if you're at this level of paranoia. The FBI can easily come into your house while you're not there. You should be using mnemonic memory strategies or similar instead.

>You should be using mnemonic memory strategies or similar instead.

this, you guys should go download or check out Moonwalking With Einstein

I store my keypassXC file on google drive
I don't see whats wrong with that

Ah yes, paper is also immune to fire, water and other natural disasters.

>256 bit encrypted file with 40 character password
>stored in dropbox, personal nextcloud, triple redundant home nas and physically hidden usb drive in home and office.
>data corruption

Yeah right, if a cosmic ray hits all those devices / servers, we have bigger problems as a species.

>The FBI can easily come into your house while you're not there.
Looks like I outsmarted the FBI then I'm always home.

>The FBI can easily come into your house while you're not there.
Cool. So let the FBI agents do some work burn some gas do some walking, let them work for their data not simply get whatever the total spyware system detects and adds to your digital folder about you.

Also you are implying the FBI can find my paper notes and that they are not in layer of layers of schizo paper writings.

Also nice that I walk everywhere with my magic notebook.
Also implying that I do not write it down in my schizo shit way.

>Paper bad
Electronic
>Ends itself on its own
Paper does not
>Gets dropped, damaged or broken unrecoverable
Paper does not

>Muh scratched.
Paper records have survived for over 100 years they are proven.

>Another hard drive on the same PC, another PC on the network, and an external drive attached to another PC on the network

Imagine doing this schizo trash instead of simply having a paper book.

Attached: sfw0huc4ot351.jpg (1080x1551, 66.25K)

>Ah yes, paper is also immune to fire,
And your flash shit is immune to fire ?

Think before you write.

>MUH cosmic ray
Paper is immune to cosmic ray

You mean my self-hosted, geo redundant instance of Bitwarden. Yeah, I'd say it's much less likely to have two separate datacenters burn down simultaneously. And the third off-site backup location.
And thanks to modern technology, setting up all of that is a breeze.

Imagine doing all this autistic shit.
You realize the government already has access to all your accounts right ?

Why should I care about the government having access to my stuff? I had fun setting it up and have a well paying job in IT that makes me happy.
Instead of spending money on Funko-Pops, video game skins or cringe ass Star Wars merch I spend a few bucks a month for servers that I try things out on.

Autism

What about
>flood
>fire
>theft
>being away from wherever you store your passwords