Boot up my copy of lubuntu (the one from .net, not the other, as the the .me site version is bloatware and an eyesore)

>boot up my copy of lubuntu (the one from .net, not the other, as the the .me site version is bloatware and an eyesore)
>get a message asking if I want to update lubuntu to the latest version
>hmm, seems like a good idea
>2 hours go by while it updates itself
>reboot my vm
>surprise surprise the fucking .me site version got installed over my previous .net version
>and it didn't do a good job of it either, there's either 2 - 5 copies of every kind of program (video players, notepads, etc.)
>fuck this shit I'll just nuke everything and reinstall
>go to the .net site
>it got flagged as badware
>tfw I HAVE to use the .me crap shit now
So long story short, is there any good lightweight barebones linux distros I can go to now that Lubuntu is fucking dead? Something you can install and it won't take up more then around 4GB of hard disk space and maybe 1 - 2gb of RAM.

Attached: Lubuntu_20.04.png (1920x1200, 576.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues/9785
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can use macOS

Attached: macos-settings-concept.jpg (750x471, 40.3K)

>>go to the .net site
>>it got flagged as badware
user did you ever stop to wonder *why* there were two websites
it sounds like maybe you should have
>any good lightweight barebones linux distros I can go to now that Lubuntu is fucking dead?
you're used to ubuntu so i'd recommend debian

just use debian and install icewm or lxqt

This is why you should use a distro that emphasizes the importance of reviewing updates.

AUR is calling

>This is why you should use a distro that emphasizes the importance of reviewing updates.
>AUR is calling
how did you manage to contradict yourself in the span of 2 sentences

>badware
are you sure you know about computers

>So long story short, is there any good lightweight barebones linux distros I can go to now that Lubuntu is fucking dead?
Arch.

>are you sure you know about computers
can you even imagine being at them

Guessing you've never used the AUR other than maybe through some shitty package manager which doesn't respect its distribution model.

>asks about a DE
>suggest an OS

Yes, I know what he wrote, but it should've been obvious what he meant.

it was, but it's also obvious he's not prepared for that truth yet, and debian's a better distro anyway so what's the harm

fair points.

q4os

>q4os

Attached: ss-q4os-python.png (1206x695, 154.61K)

Install Gentoo.

Try alpine, best a man can get.

>Something you can install and it won't take up more then around 4GB of hard disk space
opensuse tumbleweed with the "generic desktop" option
you'll get icewm with very barebones system
or just customize and install what you wish whatever

Attached: install_ui_osuse.png (1024x768, 74.06K)

>disctionary comprehension
>advanced
Install gentoo

>advanced

i can tell by your comment that you're really smart and good at programming. probably not obese either.

>user did you ever stop to wonder *why* there were two websites
There was a bit of a rift, one person/team wanted to do things one way, others wanted to be stupid and shove a bunch of crap into the distro.
I know it sounds retarded, it's what ublock origin calls it. The only reason why I don't want to use the .net version anymore, is because the last update was some time ago.

just use ubuntu and install emacs on it.

>There was a bit of a rift, one person/team wanted to do things one way, others wanted to be stupid and shove a bunch of crap into the distro
To clarify, apparentely the .me devs got booty blasted enough by the .net version they unironically begged the ublock origin devs to mae it a "badware" site.
github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues/9785
Despite the fact that there's nothing bad about the .net version, it's just the .me version without a bunch of useless bloat shoved into it (or at least was before they stopped updating their version).