Can I land a good job by learning how to code if i dont have any university studies?

Can I land a good job by learning how to code if i dont have any university studies?

Attached: pepubi.jpg (750x673, 32.46K)

Jobs are not technology

we're full

It depends on your location but yes, in most cases, you can find employment as a self-taught programmer without a degree. I did.
I'm not sure which resources to suggest though. I learned in a gradual and inefficient way, starting when I was a kid using BASIC interpreters from magazine cover disks (didn't even have internet yet).

Maybe start by just finding a popular python tutorial and following along. Then you could consider a bootcamp or MOOC or something like that.

Although you don't need a degree, you should consider enrolling on some kind of formal course at some point to supplement your self-study. Assessments and deadlines are good for forcing you to concentrate, and you'll be exposed to concepts that are important for writing good software but are easy to overlook when self-taught.

if you can't figure this out on your own, you will not be a good programmer

no.
if you're smart and disciplined and capable, why don't you have a degree? unless you're 30+ doing a career change, it's because you're stupid and lazy and retarded.

yes but at the same time, no. it all depends

whats a battle?

>this thread again
It's possible but not for (You)

Sure. You just need nepotism

> t TA working 80 hour weeks for $11k/yr and a $100,000 loan for a piece of paper

sorry. coding machine broken

protip: if you don't grind leetcode, you ain't gonna be FAGMAN

when you’re incapable of acknowledging real world complexity

Why would you want a job? Just start a defi startup every year or two

lol
I never finished my degree, and yet I'm making a JITted regex engine in C. Still unemployed though.
Some guys said that there were 2 kinds of mathematicians. The one who understand things quickly and can manipulate equations effortlessly, and the other one who need a longer time to understand, but when he does, he understands the concept on a deeper level.
Degrees aren't really suited for the 2nd type, you don't have much time to really delve into anything, you got to learn for the exams next week.

>can I have a good job if I'm not good
if you're not a good programmer then you can find a decent job. then you build experience in said job and after a few years you search for something better.

Last night I had a dream that I could code. Am I ready to apply to FAGMAN?

kek. time to learn how to fizzbuzz

>Can I land a good job by learning how to code if i dont have any university studies?
You are all loosers, stupidly poor or from the third world. You cannot rise to be a respected professional in any area, any from historian to finance, engineering to physics and yes, information technology and computer science without establishing your merits formally. I hold degrees in three subjects, including a BA but I also have a Bsc an Msc and a PGdip. In most of Europe higher education is virtually free as it is to for example military service people in the USA. I neither want or care about unqualified people working near me and that is not unique to programming, it is the same in everything from forklift driving to childcare. How do I know you even have decent math comprehension or the ability to write a 5000 word assessment of progress? Fuck useless script kiddies. Please let the recession purge you all.

>Can I land a good job by learning how to code if i dont have any university studies?
no, you will never be recognised for a position by any major corporate employer or government agency or public sector enterprise, now or ever. You may as well be a trainspotter who thinks he is qualified to be a railroad engineer, now I would make one qualification to that (forgive the pun) if you had for example an Msc in physics or a degree in Math, Financial technology and statistics etc etc then it would be quite likely you would have passed exams in programming languages and topics as well as appropriate math, so it may not necessarily demand a degree in comp sci or it. However most IT professionals these days have at least one undergraduate degree and several postgraduate degrees, in subjects ranging from AI to data analytics as well as quite often professional qualifications such a CCIP or ITIL. In nearly any work area they is also a pay gap, if you are a not a graduate you are basically expendable and have no potential and you will never access certain pay grades without at least an undergraduate degree.

>How do I know you even have decent math comprehension
Helps to have almost completed a maths degree
>or the ability to write a 5000 word assessment of progress?
writing that much is a fucking pain but can be done. And not matter how "it's part of the job", it's still a peripheral matter.
In general your right. But there's no need to have degrees to wage cuck several years and then starting your own business. All you need is some knowledge.
I don't give a shit. I've started programming 2yo and I'm already doing compiler shit. What does 2nd year CS undergrad do again ? Some people just do better on their own.