Shure SM58

On sale for $98 on Amazon ($38 off). Any reason not to buy it for Zoom/Webex/Discord meetings/chats and occasional voice recording when compared to competitors around a similar price point (like $80 to 150 mics)?
I'd have a stand at the head of my keyboard and it'd be ~1 ft away, maybe 1.5 ft if I lean back. I have an Elgato Wave XLR audio interface to plug it into.

Attached: file.png (960x1500, 934.7K)

I dunno but I've used sm58 a zillion times on stage for vocals; it's basically the standard for live music.

it's a decent mic, samson q2u was the gold standard midrange mic for a while

also a decent DAC will help if you really want quality audio recording

Yeah they seem standard and ubiquitous enough that I can't go wrong.
Better than the SM58? I don't mind the fact that it's more expensive.
Also I've been specifically looking at dynamic mics since it sounded like they were better if there's any background noise (e.g. my A/C running).

They're not made for 1 ft away they are made to be sung into for live performance or studio recording. You won't look cool and no one will notice you, stick with your gay ass gamer mic or yeti or whatever the fuck

>You won't look cool and no one will notice you, stick with your gay ass gamer mic or yeti or whatever the fuck
I don't have anything nice or fancy currently and I also don't use a webcam so I don't know how I would "impress" anyone.

Attached: stop highlighting me anon.jpg (798x697, 43.8K)

Just buy a $20 one it's already really clear.

Attached: 1655163002864.jpg (697x298, 123.8K)

Amazon might have that marked as a deal, but that's very much average for an SM58. I love the mic, I don't think you can ever go wrong with it, but if you're only considering it now because of the deal I wouldn't be in a rush to order. As far as similar mics to consider, SE Electronics V7. Very similar quality, the SM58 sounds "dull", like more low end and a more rolled off top end, the V7 is probably more realistic but personally I like the "dull" sound.

It's a workhorse mic, but you'll find that the sweet spot is 6" or less from it - it's not design to be used a foot and a half away. A better choice for just talking be an SM7/SM7B, but they cost more - but are better for streaming/YouTube stuff. I've seen Fricker on SpectreSound use a SM7 and a SM58 on his channel and he's pretty picky about mics, but he knows how to dial them in. I think Rogan uses SM7s. too.

$100 isn't a huge investment, though. It's a good mic, but it's not really designed for the distances you're describing.

just get a modmic USB for your fancy headphones, homo

I still use the q2u, friends are consistently pleased when I'm on voice call.

I bought one and a DAC like 2 years ago and they're still sitting in boxes because I'm a clown

you can get them cheaper, go on c-list or ebay. every church has these lying around

Was thinking about getting the rode podmic but this is the same price now
What do?

watch 50 reviews on each and decide which you like the sound of more

For a little over 30 loonies, you can get a similar mic that carried a Netflix special

Attached: 1650586180006.png (1111x817, 805.4K)

I have an AT2020, People point out how nice it sounds over calls but I want to clear up the clutter of xlr snd shit. Do any headsets sound nearly as good?

I have a Behringer Xm8500 and it sounds fine for $25. Listen to some comparison videos or something.

Attached: file.png (405x400, 206.25K)

I feel like the comparisons I've seen made them sound kinda meh, especially for the price (the USB is like $80 and the wireless is like $130 or something, and I don't care about wireless when it's attaching to my wired headphones).

Attached: game and autism.jpg (1323x541, 424.47K)

This.

Apparently this is microphone general, so:
I have a cheap asshole friend I talk to a lot in a discord with a few friends. He often sounds like complete ass and everyone gives him shit about it.
What's the best price/performance mic under $50 that doesn't require any other audio equipment to use? Bonus points if it's like a modmic or something so his retard ass doesn't have to remember to talk directly into it. He has nice headphones at least so I don't think getting a cheap gaming headset is something he'll consider.

Attached: nvidia hairworks.jpg (2048x866, 167.52K)