DVD Decryption Tools

Found this old JAV DVD in a box of stuff I moved out of my parents house finally. It was included in some magazine from like 2006 or so; I’ve never watched it. I want to rip it so I can offer a torrent to data hoarders that may be interested.

I loaded it up on a USB DVD player but it seems the contents may be protected. I was not able to view, copy, or image the video files under OS X 10.15 using either the Finder or terminal. After some Googling, it seems it may be a “CSS encrypted” DVD.

Are there good open source tools for extracting the contents (preferably terminal-based). I run Windows 10, OS X, and Ubuntu 20. Most programs I find to decrypt it are for Windows or Mac and seem sketchy as fuck.

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

elvil.net/drupal/en/post/how-to-dump-an-encrypted-dvd-with-dd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>3P
Pls share magnet once you rip it. Can't help you tho.

/dev/urandom

bumperino, pls share once ripped :)

always use this thing

Attached: 1655133942758.jpg (1102x858, 93.74K)

Just use DVDDecrypt. I've ripped Japanese DVDs with it before and it plays fine through VLC and MPC-HC

DVD Decrypter was an ancient go-to. Long since discontinued, but still works. Will output a VIDEO_TS folder and you'll need something like Handbrake to convert to actual video

MakeMKV will dump the raw MPEG2 video to a MKV container, with optional multiple audio tracks and subtitles.

DVD video is interlaced, you'll likely still want to run that through Handbrake to deinterlace and use a modern compression standard like 264 for compatibility or 265 for efficiency.

Attached: 1641556757671.jpg (640x480, 37.65K)

I must be a brainlet, I can’t find where to get “DVDDecrypt” from, or even much info about it. Tons of results for “DVD Decryptor” though

he likely meant dvddecryptor
it was the original go-to tool to dump the contents removing css (the real original was decss, but this was an easy gui windows program)
nowadays the most common tool is makemkv, which remuxes each title into mkv files, which is perfect if you don't care about the menus or otherwise making another copy in dvd format
another popular option is anydvd, a windows program which sits in the background and makes dvd's appear unencrypted to any program, often used with clonedvd, which can be used to turn dvd9's into dvd5's, which is probably not something most people care to do anymore

Gotcha. Any of these open source? I don’t want to download some version of ancient software that has a worm or something. I’m considering going through the trouble of doing it in a VM

makemkv is partially open source, it's also got a native linux version
it claims to be a trial but it seems more in the winrar kind of sense (plus you can change your system clock to make it work)
there are foss css decryption libraries for linux which programs like vlc will use to play encrypted dvd's, and there's probably a way to use such things with ffmpeg, i've just never tried because by the time i really got into linux and caring about foss i was pretty much done ripping dvd's

did you try Ligmatools

hmm... this guy
elvil.net/drupal/en/post/how-to-dump-an-encrypted-dvd-with-dd
says that just playing the dvd in vlc (with libdvdcss support for decryption) is enough to then use dd to dump the iso
i guess it unlocks the content for everything on linux

I've used this a few times. Annoying to use, but it got the job done.

see
You could just rip the entire disc with
dd if=/path/to/dvd/reader of=javrip.iso status=progress

>status=progress
what if you put status=conserve

dd: invalid status level: ‘conserve’
Try 'dd --help' for more information.

i think he's making a political joke

I got DVD Decrypter running inside a VM now. Sorry for slow progress reports as I have a real life and family to take care of. Decryption in progress. I got a good 9900K CPU but its taking a long time - probably bottle necked by the shitty IO rate of DVD drive

i want this torrent link

Attached: O4HHJ7IVYMQFTPXT43UIQU6SZ5WIOISZ[1].png (475x316, 328.93K)

Dvd decryption normally takes a long ass time for me as well, due to having a shit dvd drive. God speed my man, god speed.