/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

prev
What are you working on, Any Forums?

C++ edition.

Attached: the_cpp_lands_its_amazing_creatures_and_weird_beasts__elena_sagalaeva_vladimir_gorshunin__cppcon_2018.jpg (3840x2555, 2.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

techinterviewhandbook.org/algorithms/study-cheatsheet/
leetcode.com/explore/learn/
neetcode.io/
techinterviewhandbook.org/grind75
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VBA best lang and you all know it.

Interesting pic

is VBA even a programming language?

I thought that was like a scripting language for operating Excel or something?

Does anyone on this board uses dart? If yes for what do you use it ?

I don't even know what that is or what it's used for.

perl is so bad, even the creators tried to rebrand with a new version, so people wouldn't notice.
I have no clue why people want to fall for that boomer meme so bad

Was making what originally was going to be a very minor adjustment to a type in my project and it's now turned into me wanting to rewrite probably about 40-50% of it.

isn't it literally visual basic, just embedded into programs?
t. never wrote a single line of either

>tfw shit-tier hobby coder with no knowledge of 3D graphics having to get just enough OpenGL knowledge to understand the OpenGL-based rendering code for the Grim Fandango engine in ScummVM and adapt it into a format that utilizes the Nintendo 3DS GPU via the homebrew libraries libctru and citro3d because tinygl uses too much memory for the game to load and I'm literally the only one that wants 3D adventure games playable on the 3DS

Attached: 1526895344408.jpg (800x600, 46.98K)

that sounds pretty neat desu, but yeah the platform restriction sounds a bit too restrictive.

i wish someone would want to start an indie game dev team, I would help out. we use tox btw: A6C187FA50892966470850B3A1BD353206FBB641ED7F2D08DA2AB137B58B5F5CCBFC7100901B

that's usually a good sign, if using version control make a new branch and perform all the major changes there in case you end up not wanting to keep it

>that's usually a good sign
yeah in this case I have accumulated a good amount of debt from hasty design decisions and cleaning things up has been a goal for a while now.

>but yeah the platform restriction sounds a bit too restrictive.
if someone can port quake to the GBA, user can make 3D adventure games on a 3DS

What can I read to supplement my programming knowledge while learning Python? I'm looking for something that will make me a better software engineer (I obviously can't be considered one yet). I know really nothing about how computers and programming languages and hardware actually work, so I want something that doesn't necessarily directly apply to programming with Python but can be useful conceptually.

Common Lisp.
Almost every programming language in existence was influenced by Lisp in one way or another. It will help you understand programming as a whole.

That's a good thing, it means you're improving the code.

Learn design patterns.

i second this, also i would add learn basic algorithms and data structures

What are some neural net projects for absolute retards?
I have a bunch of images that I want to fuck around with. I thought of just nicking some existing GAN project and replacing the dataset, but all the projects I find are too specific.

Not sure about books on the topic, but try to focus on actually designing good APIs for your libraries, since this is a generic skill applicable to all languages. This is something that should happen naturally overtime, but just be cognizant of it and think about when you are using a library, does it feel ergonomic, sleek, and easy to use, or does it feel bulky and unwieldy? In Python especially, I think it's very easy to create messy libraries.

This is how my learning plan shaping up so far, it's more relevant for dumb retards trying to self-learn like me.
>I know really nothing about how computers and programming languages and hardware actually work
Programming from the Ground Up
>something that will make me a better software engineer
Some kind of CompSci intro, data structures and algorithms, design patterns.
There are dozens of similarly named books that deal with these topics utilizing Python, not sure which ones are the best, or whether there are definitive non-Python books about that.
For algorithms specifically, The Algorithm Design Manual is a widely acclaimed non-language-specific book.
As a temporary solution while you struggle to pick your main learning resources/as a side practice thing you can try brute-forcing stuff by doing something like Blind 75/Neetcode.
techinterviewhandbook.org/algorithms/study-cheatsheet/
leetcode.com/explore/learn/
neetcode.io/
techinterviewhandbook.org/grind75

Anybody have a website or video series that teaches HTML&CSS? I want to make a personal website. There was a site I can't find anymore. I\d gotten to the first part of the CSS section of their guide. As much hand holding as possible is appreciated. Learning solely through the Mozilla wiki or a similar site is not fun or helpful.

Fug I'd forgotten about that, thanks pal