Would you?

Would you?

Attached: image_5769808_llcrop.jpg (1080x1671, 354.26K)

yes

Yeah

I would if it wasn't for the fact that those e-paper displays have a 1-2 year lifespan.

Yes

Considering we have 60Hz e-ink screens now, as a side laptop where battery life matters most and not performance or ability to display colors, why not.

My Kindle is like 8 years old and I have no problems with it, what are you on about?

is that only due to the high refresh rate? because i've had ereader screens last many years. they're so fragile, they break long before the pixels fade.

E-ink screens are fucking terrible. Have you ever even used one? They flicker EVERY TIME the pixels change.

I was considering the Lenovo one that had the e-ink display on the back. Not sure if I want to get it yet. Would make a great little manga reader PC.

Attached: ThinkBook Plus Gen 2.jpg (1200x800, 86.1K)

people bought laptops with dual scan monochrome lcds in them pretty readily and are doing much the same things on new laptops

Is color e-ink viable yet?
And we may not have e-ink laptops, but we certainly have tablets. Are they worth it?

Post how the linux framebuffer looks

portable pnp eink would be better for 99% of the use cases

I don't know there's something about the ereader. Like getting the books in there its not that easy so I don't use it much. But then again I pirate the books.

Isnt the refresh rate on these things very shitty?

It doesn't have a refresh rate because its not redrawn every second. Its only redrawn when you change pages and stuff. I doubt they could make a computer with eink.

Wait, what's the difference between e-paper and e-ink?

How fast can it change pages ?

>1-2 year lifespan
>is that only due to the high refresh rate?
KEK
is everyone on Any Forums really this retarded? I mean I knew you guys were bad when you called bitcoin a scam in 2011, but gee, I didn't know it was this bad...

>I doubt they could make a computer with eink.
holy fuck this board is a board full of brainlets
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA FUCKING RETARDS AHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA

>is everyone on Any Forums really this retarded? I mean I knew you guys were bad when you called bitcoin a scam in 2011, but gee, I didn't know it was this bad...
...and behold, it was. I'm glad I managed to make a few dozen grand and bail out before the end though.

user is correct, it's more like a true hold and modify VRR display than anything, it just have a ceiling for refresh per second, it doesn't when nothing changes. Unlike LCD that has to continuously power pixels to keep them in a specific phase, it only needs power when it changes.

>buying the first of anything aka paying to be a beta tester
I shig the dig for all you nigs

Attached: 1491995697100.jpg (250x250, 10.36K)

Currently we're at like 60Hz. But good and smooth 60hz.

>I doubt they could make a computer with eink.
We already have HDMI e-ink monitors you can use with any computer. So where would be the problem?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA HOLY FUCK ARE YOU SAYING THAT BECAUSE IT'S "CRASHED" FROM $70K TO $20K IT'S A SCAM???? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHA HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS ARE GENUINELY FUCKING RETARDED YOU SIMPLY DO NOT LEARN DO YOU?

I buy those things as fun toys, I never report back or give any feedback and usually don't even use the software they come with, be it UMPCs or e-ink monitors, etc.

PoW cryptocurrencies are literally pyramid schemes.
Cryptocurrencies inherently in themselves, obviously not. I already gained a lot and knew when to stop, how much did you loose?

The caps makes you look like a faggy teenager by the way.

I had that enTourage eDGe dual-book thing a few years back and really enjoyed the e-paper bit. Depends on what you're trying to use it for, might be neat.

Based crypto Chad

Cringe crypto nigger

Kek.

kek you don't get it do you? I mean of course not, you probably have spent your life browsing Any Forums, not pondering on your mistakes and to grow as an individual. I don't care if I look like a faggy teenager to you, literally could not give a shit, because at the end of the day, you'll end up in the hole, with the rest of them.

depends if i can put linux on it or is it bootloader locked to something like android faggotry

Okay but when I asked for the refresh rate I did mean the ceiling

I used to be interested in e-ink for the power savings but modern lcd screens are extremely efficient and look good, I just don't see a point anymore