NEXT GEN IS CANCELLED

The Russian embargo of noble gas is shutting TSMC and Samsung down once local stockpile runs out

Attached: 1652333533438.png (676x267, 57.89K)

How are the AMD RX 7000 and Intel Arc Alchemist cards doing?

No

This is the world now. Expensive GPUs and everything else getting slowly more expensive.
Did you actually think consumer GPUs would not get just more and more expensive?

>gtx 1630
what?

Buy now before the inevitable crisis

I can't, I wanted a 4090 but now I'll have to wait.

Are we expecting the 1630 to be at least close, if not better, to the 1050 TI?
My 1050 TI died so I'm using my old 750 TI, and I just want something comparably close to my 1050 TI.

Attached: agtx186.jpg (800x600, 52.66K)

>you lived to see the end of the golden age of personal computing 2008-2020

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (832x868, 44.06K)

>mfw I upgraded in preparation for this
Stop aiming so low at least try to get a 2060

Attached: 1654983873689.png (656x527, 30.06K)

Based! Fuck progress and fuck innovation.
Jokes aside, I think this will affect everything (from RAM to TVs) if the embargo goes on for too long.

Chinese and Japanese chips will be unaffected since they make their own noble gases, but US, Taiwan, Korea, and European fabs will all shut down

Reminder to have at least one system you can service if it breaks.
That is all

Attached: 1654199864872.jpg (680x703, 80.28K)

It's a supply and demand thing. You'll see high prices all around the world because there is less of a product.
Keep in mind how integrated the world economy is too. So, a gas produced in Russia is used in Mexico to produce an acid that will be used in Taiwan to make a chip used in an American phone. Make one step of the process difficult/impossible and you just got a problem.

all Russian gases are banned from exports except to China

All over some shithole

More like these niggers can't fleece cryptofags anymore since it's all crashing and they have to re-think their entire market strategy

Any suggestions?

Build a PC with parts you can afford and be happy
Also get shit like screw drivers and other things you can use for repair.
Most people are happy with a 1060
Or if you already have a system buy spare parts like a psu and other things that can stop you in your tracks

just buy any used previous gen high end card. 1080, 2080, w/e. Low end cards aren't worth it unless your needs are low end and you have no plans of playing anything other than old shit.

kek, consoomers btfo. Consooming GPUs is the most retarded kind of consoomption as well, you can get a gaming experience that would have been unimaginable 10 years ago just by spending $100 on a gpu on ebay.

Moore's law is flattening out, and that's a good thing. Now it won't be necessary to upgrade hardware for years or even decades. Of course NVIDIA will continue to bilk consoomtards by "doubling performance" with cards that consume 1000 watts and cost $4000, creating the illusion of progress. But anyone who wants to use their computer for real work and not as a status symbol is better off than ever before.

>Moore's law is flattening out
Simultaneous process and arch advancements are about to drive another generation of 2X uplifts in performance.