Stage Manager, based or cringe?

Stage Manager, based or cringe?
It's basically a new form of workspace management
That seems it should work naturally enough
Since macos also has workspaces this might be another layer
Some comment says Windows had this
youtube.com/watch?v=4_dZos88CSU
Some comment:
>Stage Manager reminds me of Aero Flip (Win key + Tab) in Windows Vista and Windows 7. They both serve similar purpose. Microsoft was ahead of time then.

Attached: stagemanager.jpg (1753x1105, 316.29K)

Windows Vista use to have this.

I made a post about it the other day. Is that what its called? Looks like it takes a good amount of screen space.

it's fucking stupid as shit. macOS needs a taskbar, it shouldn't have people waste screen real estate!

it's not good, the ui would be good replacement for spaces though because of faster switching, no other behaviors changed

This is not just a taskbar but a way to group windows
And from what I see the windows can belong to more than 1 group

I never said it's a taskbar.

I said it's stupid fucking bullshit, and should be replaced with a taskbar!

Stage Manager is very good proof that Apple no longer has anybody who cares about software design.
Look at that hideous shit, Steve would have ran a van through Apple before allowing that to happen.

What's hideous about it?

You can do this on any OS

gnome did it better with workspaces.
I was excited to see what stage manager had to offer but its not that good, feels like a last minute addition clearly not well thought out in the way it works with the rest of the desktop.

A key difference here is that the "stages" are always visible, which might might make it easier to use and understand. Also a window can belong to more than 1 group, so it's like a tagging system

theyll do everything except invent window snapping

Why do you think they refuse to implement that?

because they make more money when you buy an addon app that does X feature for you

True, I've seen that
Only $2.99

Attached: 299.jpg (1564x1059, 222.95K)

It's fine. It's also not in final release yet, so wait until then to judge.
I expect it will be like most features like this, most people won't use it, except that one annoying asshole at work who thinks anyone cares. It's just another Mission Control. That nobody uses.

I mean, it's basically in-your-face
I would predict most people will start using it a lot
Unless it's disabled by default and nobody cares to enable it

Meh, I don't get it, seems confusing like the ""Activities"" thing KDE has but nobody uses. I guess once I upgrade I'll try it and see

stop promoting your own video

I use mission control a lot, it's faster to swipe up and select a window than going to the dock

I think that's pretty useful for iPad, but I don't think I will ever use it in macOS

What happened? I don't remember seeing a fancy animation it was just still images?

clown world, and retards claim that it is the ultimate UNIX LOL.