/sqt/ – Stupid Questions Thread

*Nostalgic edition*
Read the sticky: >GNU/Linux questions >Windows questions >PC building? >Programming questions >Good, cheap laptops >Cheap electronics >Server questions >Buying headphones How to find/activate any version of Windows?
rentry.org/installwindows

Previous thread:

Attached: 1655158385593.webm (768x578, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32002L0058
clearcode.cc/blog/cookie-syncing/
git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There are literally 100's of cookies on my computer right now and I have no idea what they do.
Noone can ever know what they all do.
Why do websites even bother asking for consent?

why does VR video stutter at 8k on my high end machine? i am using DeoVR and 5k plays perfectly well.

>Why do websites even bother asking for consent?
They were forced by the European Union

eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX:32002L0058

They can still ignore Do Not Track

How "heavy" is default settings 4chanx?
Say I keep around 20 Any Forums tabs open, a couple with 500+ posts, will it be much more taxing on my CPU/battery life than native?

I ask because a while back I used to have a toaster and 4chanx would slow it down considerably so I've stuck to native.

what a waste of clicks.
Thanks I'll save it in my knowledge base.

clearcode.cc/blog/cookie-syncing/

what happens if you try to upload an image to Any Forums that has more than 255 characters in its filename?

The /fwt/ is dead.
Is there a good Windows program that can clean up the bullshit and unused garbage in regedit, %appdata% and such?

What is this?

thanks, I'm adding that one too to the KB.

it makes mustard gas

ISOs+GRUB.
From previous thread.

I used to use CCleaner.

Attached: CCleaner-Registry-Cleaner.png (749x450, 14.81K)

I have an old fleet macbook that I want to use.
Is replacing the drive enough for them to not really be able to track it?
It's a not very tech-savvy company.
And they didn't really chase hard on getting laptop back.

I just tried to create such a file, renaming an image of mine to the opening lyrics to Drug Ballad by Eminem, and I got "File name too long" and I couldn't do it. So fuck you; make one yourself and try to upload it.

Give it back, DaShaun.

how do you decode this kind of text?

Attached: file.png (377x480, 112.25K)

I am trying save some money. I want to reuse a disk from an old computer, but if I have to format the drive to use it in a NAS, then I need another disk at least as large, and copy all the data to the new disk. Yes I know disks aren't that expensive. Yes I know hard drives don't last forever. Yes I know I the copy will only take 4 hours.
In addition to saving money though it would be really cool if there were a NAS bay that let you use hard drives as flexibly as USB stick.

consult Kek

Attached: 1637016032150.png (624x636, 639.32K)

nvm

This is a free and open source client to enable Remote Play on Playstation consoles, essentially letting you control the Playstation from a different device.
git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki

Given it's free and open source, can I trust it? Is it a legit program and would it be OK to sign in to my Playstation account with username&pass if it asks for it?
Thanks

The disk will have to be "initialized", which wipes all data.
If there is free space on your NAS: transfer all data from that disk to your NAS, and then plug the disk in and expand the array.
Your idea is technically possible, but the chances for it to work reliably in practice are almost nil, so nobody bothers implementing it.

You mean like a hard drive caddy?

I use it too every once in a while, but it doesn't really clean the contents of %appdata%, not properly at least.

If I buy a phone from amazon then say it never came and get it refunded will they notice that I use there apps on said phone?
Does it matter that I've never had a return before clean sheet user?