Do you use speakers?

I'm considering getting speakers because I spend too much time using headphones and summer is about to begin too.

What would you recommend?

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x320, 19.47K)

give your budget and country nerd

I don't want to spend too much, maybe $200 at most. Plus I'd use it in a relatively small room that I use as my office, so nothing really strong is needed.

Country is Hungary, but not sure why it matters.

I use studio monitors. I think it's the best value for stereo setups.
I have headphones but I rarely used them, usually only turning VC.

Attached: 1634754577618.gif (512x512, 1.02M)

For 300 you could get decent 8 inch monitors that also have decent bass reproduction.
You'd want a balanced DAC too though, which would raise the price.

So maybe 5 inch monitors + DAC for 300 would probably be the cheapest for you.

Of course you could just get 2.1 speaker systems or a old Hi-Fi with stereo speakers too, probably fits better in your budget.

yeah the $10 from lidl in wooden enclosing, stylish and hip

Thank you, I'll look into these option. I never even considered studio monitors.
Even 300 shouldn't be a problem if it's worth it.

i have a samsung sound bar with sub connected with Optic fibre

i use these
been serving me well these past few years, not obnoxiously loud and not quiet either

Attached: 1626586724294.png (666x721, 236.46K)

I do sometimes. But my headphones sound way better anyway and generally quality speakers are more expensive so I just didn't bother with their audio quality much. I got some

almost 22 years old, they just work

Attached: 71TJPXKE6KL._AC_.jpg (500x282, 11.57K)

Kek Logitech still makes the same speaker for like 15 years, just different design.

Attached: 1643202235873.jpg (4020x6030, 3.95M)

I'd say it's like the baseline for a good setup and entry level monitors are a good way to get there.

hey man if it aint broke dont fix it? however that saying goes
idk ive been satisfied with them, blasting music has always been a good experience with em.

This. Get yourself edifier speakers. Make sure they're "ready to use", active studio monitors.

Personally I like seperate monitors with balanced inputs more, you can use a balanced DAC, the noise floor is literally zero, there's no sound coming from the speakers even if the volume is turned up with your ear next to them and you'll never have to worry about interference or ground loops. It's a nice thing to have.

But Edifier set will fit OPs budget more and be good enough.

The same pair of desktop PC speakers I've had since 1996.

Attached: audiophiles.jpg (576x1024, 107.28K)

Get the most expensive Edifiers for your budget. Too bad the Polish don't make Microlabs anymore, they were banging.

If you go with active speakers they're gonna hiss until stupid high budgets, if you go with passive speakers expect to spend at least $500 unless you're going for used gear. And if you aren't willing to measure bass response in your listening spot and use EQ to fix it then don't even bother with anything that can actually play bass.

>If you go with active speakers they're gonna hiss until stupid high budgets
I don't think 150€ per speaker is stupid high. It used to be that cheap monitors always hissed, but that's not the case anymore.

No hiss from the listening spot is not the same as no hiss. I expect to hear nothing even when my ear is near the tweeter.