Why would i use anything else?

>by far the best ui of any os
>better performance than windows 10
>makes ltsc look bloated
>doesnt have 2498237489 processes running in the background
>it has "SOVL," as you kiddos would say
No, I did NOT "babyduck" on it, I have used many other operating systems before this but i've been using windows 7 for years now and it's by far the best. In fact it's so good that you just forget you're even using windows 7, because it just works normally like a computer should.

Attached: Capture.png (1720x668, 480.48K)

oh and another thing:
>ui was made 10+ years ago and its only now starting to look slightly outdated. it still looks better though.

Sneed, what will you do when software will not support windows 7 anymore?

Idk

Some software already uses windows 8 and up exclusive API and that will be a bigger problem the more time passes

It's a super bad idea.

There are un-patched vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in both operating systems. Both known and unknown/undisclosed.

Some software won't run, or you have to use, again, vulnerable old versions.

No updates to either OS or software that connects to the internet is a bad time.

Whatever you do, do not keep anything personal, valuable or save data/passwords for anything remotely personal. Don't use it for social media, banking or anything similar.

Use a modern OS or Linux. Debian, Mint or Ubuntu are all good choices

>no directx 12 support

>Muh security
Who cares.

No.

7 is quite old and is far more open to malware and other malicious software.

Either upgrade to Windows 10 or 11, or switch to Linux. Some desktops resemble the standard (as in Win7) Windows desktop if that's the reason you don't like Windows 10. Such desktops include Cinnamon and KDE (might take some customization tho, idk I don't use KDE)

Can you name one exploit that easily exploitable? Requirements:
- The user does not use Office or RDP
- All devices on the LAN are uncompromised
- Router firewall is active and the router doesn't have known vulnerabilities

i miss it so much bros

Your router is probably being actively scanned and as soon as it sees Windows 7, you'll be exploited and then it's game over. Not to mention the security concerns browsing the Internet and visiting a comprised website.

These systems aren't being updated anymore and new exploits are being found and used everyday. There is nothing wrong with Windows 10, and you are just being picky.

If you don't want to use Windows then try Linux or buy a chromebook.

I'm not OP, but I'm considering doing the same thing with windows 10. FUCK windows 11.

malware.
>b-but muh common sense
malware.
>b-but antivirus works
malware.
i'll say it again.
malware.
the only people willing to use something as vulnerable as windows 7 are the people with no information of any importance, in which case your opinion is just as worthless as your life

Attached: PS3_Fat_Princess_logo.png (312x256, 99.59K)

>router is probably being actively scanned and as soon as it sees Windows
You mean sniffing the wifi traffic? The attacker need to be on the network to even decrypt. If you mean people probing your public IP address not much would happen due to the firewall. Other ways it could be determined might be via user agent on a rogue website, but the attacker is up against your browser (Firefox / Chrome) security in that case.

Try again.

You need to learn to accept Windows 10/11 as all previous Windows OSes are no longer supported from a security perspective. I work with someone who could literally pop (hack) a fully patched Windows 7 box in less than 10 mins and gain full admin privileges and some of his skills don't require physical access to the box as he can do it remotely.

Attached: updoot.png (1398x683, 314.58K)

You're looking at Win 7 with irrational nostalgia glasses. 7 was almost a strict downgrade from XP.

Attached: 1654990906877.jpg (850x1189, 134.88K)

this is literally fake. faker than c0v1d-19. you can't get a virus if you don't run any malicious program on your computer.

unless you happen to live with russian hackers physically living in your house and on the same network as you, literally nothing will happen.

what do you mean? im using it right now. no glasses

>the best ui of any os
i prefer Mac OS X 10.5
more consistent skeuo and better font rendering

and even if it was a downgrade from xp, no one uses that anymore. i was comparing it to windows 10, and 7 is FAR better

If a Windows 7 machine is exposed to the internet without any firewall or is on a compromised network then yes you're going to have a very bad time. Hence the requirements.

Windows xp was shit especially UI-wise. I grew up with XP and I still hate it. It looked like a plastic toy and no amount of theming made it look good.

If someone is running win7 in %CURRENTYEAR% they obviously dont give a fuck about security. I dont know why this trash is shoved down the throats of everyone even when it doesnt apply. Reminds me of stackoverflow mfers trying to lecture students who just wants their assignment done.

I've been using the same Windows 8.0 installation since 2015 and it lost support a year later. Idgaf about security since literally nothing has happened

That's like saying regular shit is better than diarrhea, because regular shit is easier to clean up.

Based XP making ricers seethe with functionality over form

>its only now starting to look outdated.
What are you talking about. The Aero was and still is the best modern design unlike Metro.