Gentoo BSD

Gentoo BSD

Attached: 300px-Gentoo_OpenBSD_logo.png (300x240, 64.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/managarm/xbstrap
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No one uses it.

urgh... I don't like how that looks, it seems the logo has gotten pox or someshit

is a dead project

XBPS should get ported to BSD

haha nice

I've never used it. What's are its advantages

It's really high quality
It's wrtten in python and it deals with dependencies really well. It integrates with Docker too.
You can get it at github.com/managarm/xbstrap

>its written in py-
Dropped.

Nice meme. Python is used in high level mathematical sciences.

>python
Pass

Yes. Because that is its usecase. Very good. Hopefully you can also identify that Python is not very good for things that require performance, as well. Every language has a usecase, there is no one size fits all language.

It is good for science because pushing mathematical equations out in it is quick. This comes at the performance cost, which scientists typically aren't worried about.

Running ex bepis on an older machine will be noticeably slower because of all a package manager does, and this is being handled by >python
And it is noticeably slower on my 7 year old Pavilion than Pacman, which is written in C.

If portage performs well enough on my shitty 1GHz quad core ARM SBC, it sure is fast enough on yous beefy 8 core x86 CPU. Besides, there is also Paludis if you want which is written in C++. But it's not much faster. Why? Portage already uses native code where it makes sense.

Portage is very slow on my Ryzen 5 and I'm genuinely not sure what youre talking about. Its so slow that theyre currently rewriting it in Rust.

>Python
no thanks

You replied to the wrong post you retard

>Python
thanks, but no

only when it's using libraries written in C

And spoons are made of metal. Doesn't mean its a good idea to make a plate out of it.

>BSD gentoo
is this the pedo thread??
pretty sure everyone stopped doing the kFreeBSD thing a long time ago

what's wrong with a metal plate? lrn2weld

>I don't know about Cython: the post
it's an object format.