>not with these gas prices
>not when i've spent two and a half years building my home office
>not when i vehemently oppose experimental vaccines that the company insists on
>everybody says no
>the company says everybody goes back to the office or they start firing people
>i tell them okay, fire me
>they give me one month "probation" to change my mind on the issue
>i start applying to other companies and not giving a shit about work any more

what the fuck is wrong with these people? i'm not even american, it takes me 20 minutes to get to work by car i simply fucking refuse to spend money on gas, i don't give a shit. i'm a fucking SWE, i don't work in the data center, why the fuck do they need me in the office? i asked them this over and over again, and all they say is WE rEAchED a DecISion DURRRRR.

well, so have i. what a shit bag company.

Attached: 1653156831799.png (900x472, 128.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Cadorna
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do u have a substack

Your employer just wants to feel in charge, Bane style.

well, feeling in charge is one thing, buying over 120 shiny Ryzen desktops to lure us all back to the office is fucking retarded

Attached: 1647615744691.jpg (600x450, 46.82K)

Basically they are boomers. They suffered in dog shit office conditions because with the technology at the time it was the only way, for less pay mind you, just to get where they are. And now you expect them to watch you have it better than them.

So they are saying "no". They hate you. They hate the idea that they suffered just so you can have it good while their kid is a tranny fag enabler or something else they hate. They're saying "ENOUGH", "I DIDNT BUST MY ASS FOR PENNIES SO UNGRATEFUL KIDS COULD TAKE A YEAR LONG VACATION". And so they say you get in your cubicle, you dress sharp, shave, keep your hair short, tuck your shirt in, and you stand up and smile whenever they walk by because that's called looking professional.

Because boomies, like WW1 generals seeing their tactics fail miserably in the face of new technology, decide to change nothing

Hey that's the beauty of the free market, if your company goes insane you leave dude. Glad you were brave enough to leave, money < self respect.

i refuse to work in the office

Suits can fuck off, based OP for standing up for himself. What are your coworks doing?

Managers don't trust their employees at all and will try to maximize profits to the company as much as possible. Managers think if they put their employees in a place where they can monitor their activities all day will make their employees more productive, thus potentially bringing more money to the company as work will be done faster ergo some employees could be let go to save costs.

most of them are livid as well, they don't want to come back because we're fucking MORE PRODUCTIVE when nobody gives us shit

Generals during WW1 actually introduced new technologies and tactics on pretty regular basics: tanks, poison gas, creeping barrage, planes, mortars, grenades, sniping, counter-sniping, infiltration tactics, etc. Middle mangers not so much.

they will just hire a better employee. you won't be missed.

employers are right to not trust their employees
any employee would be stupid not to drag out their work as long as possible
you get paid the same irregardless on how much you get done

>competent engineers won't be missed
cope

The good WW1 generals did that. The bad ones did just send men off to die pointlessly. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Cadorna "I said we're capturing this village, so we are capturing this village! I've had enough smack from you, men, whip him! We will attack the enemy fortress by marching over the mountains again, they'll never expect us to try the same thing six times in a row!"

Good
My company gave those that wanted them full remote contracts to be 100% remote. But I keep getting emails from some higher up faggot that even though we're remote we'll be expected to come into the office for certain reasons. And to that I say if I'm ever required to go back it will be to hand in my work laptop and quit. Fuck the office. Stupid niggers.

>it takes me 20 minutes to get to work by car
try "up to one hour on foot".
Walk, it's good for you.

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCKING MEGA COPE you have absolutely no idea how long it takes to higher senior level and higher engineers if you're not FAGMAN. It can take well over a year. It's pretty easy to hire entry level positions but they're all fucking useless and retarded for at least 6 months to a year. Start bleeding out your employees and you'll start getting behind, you'll miss contract deadlines, customers that have worked and been loyal for years will no longer give you business, etc.

Try 4 hours retard

This.

Gj on having balls OP. A lot of people in tech are absolute fucking cucks and do what they are told.

I will never be setting foot in an office again :)

you fell for the meme of being a scab faggot in an underunionized field as well as falling for shitty propaganda that will end with you dying of a preventable disease
dont worry, i wont miss you

Fuck those boomers, they gave you that 1 month probation because they need you. You have the leverage. Don't give in.

The fuel prices are fucking retarded man. Here in Norway they're 27-28 kr per liter, which i cannot afford that's for sure. I have basically just boycotted everything that requires me to use my car and pay for fuel. Stop driving cars, use cash, don't bring your phone everywhere.

Try to get a job first.

i have one and it pays better than yours you non union faggot lol

fucking based man, office boomers reap what they sowed.

>Post an image that suggests you agree with the Unabomber's views on technology
>Complain that you're not allowed to go virtual and are being forced to interact with co-workers in the real world

>implying going to an office AND dealing with technology is not the worst of both worlds