Company's annual hackathon is coming up

>Company's annual hackathon is coming up
>Its "voluntary" but they get pissy if you don't want to take part
Do companies think people enjoy these things?
I just want do my work and go fucking home.

Attached: 73c6fee40989d2085395c2a10b206ab6.jpg (1280x720, 135.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5024483/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Working from home is not comfy long term it’s like studying online.

How is it not comfy? Just go out for a walk on your lunch breaks if you want to meet people.
Or drive in circles around the block if you really enjoy wasting fuel.

nah. its great.

To be clear I mean there are very reputable and simple studies that show it is detrimental long term

Is the hackathon in question work-related? So, its basically, working w/o being paid, amirite?

There are studies that prove a lot of things. Why would you take them as gospel?
There are probably reputable studies that prove that working in an office long term makes you want to kill yourself as well.

Working for yourself is not slave labor volunteering is clearly defined as volunteering. Allowing loose associations to this is a recipe for severe legal consequences

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5024483/
>Office job workers had higher levels of anxiety and depression than those working in manufacturing jobs. Our findings suggest that occupational physicians should consider the organizational risks faced by office job employees, and consider the differences in psychological health between office and manufacturing job workers when implementing interventions.
Clearly offices need to be banned

Maybe you’re a little intense; the only gospel I read is the bible. The fact of the matter is it’s a good argument and, anecdotally, compliant with my experience

>Just go out for a walk on your lunch breaks if you want to meet people.
who the fuck just `meets people` going for a walk. gawd damn faggots

try not looking at the ground and wearing a hoodie every time you go out, autist

And ethical concerns. military and politicians know this

You can do whatever the fuck you want in your own free time. You can have a hooker call over to suck you off on your lunch break if you want.

back when I was a optimistic new dev I did one of those and spent ages 3d modelling the whole office building for a WFH VR simulation type idea where you'd log into the office and roam around in VR meetings n shit (pre covid)

They didn't like it and some desk booking app won or some shit and all I got for taking part was a cheap headset that they must have had lying around in a stock room. Looked like the old xbox 360 headsets.

Never again

never pay for sex

People like you never get ahead in life. When your stuck at the same salary and position into your retirement don't lament it. It's what you chose

lol christfags are always retarded colour me surprised.

unironically good advice. been talking to people almost every time i go out, and *drum roll* all without coming across as an autist. "jUsT bE aUtHeNtIc" kinda works, best advice i can give to anyone. don't try to achieve anything when talking to people, just roll with the convo

Wait, they actually want you to take part in one of these? Jesus fucking Christ when will they just fuck off.

they are ok if you are not mentally disabled, fren.

Our big grey corporate hellhole has a bunch of "INNOVATE!" writing painted on the wall and there's a "hackerspace" that's really just a shitty lab. I get existential depression every time I walk past it.

>don't try to achieve anything when talking to people
I want to get in every females pants I talk to tho

OP this should help redpill you on just how Jewish these companies are.
They want free work and idea advancement while dressing it up as a fun, hip event with pizza and (mostly negro) music.

It's funny because usually the ones that have these INNOVATE slogans are depressing hellholes filled with Pajeet managers that haven't touched a line of code since 2008 with "Core-Java Sir!" or still think you have to use Object mappers.