College professors teach us java

>College professors teach us java
>Ask why
>Stfu it's the best language
>(doubt)
>At work we use Java, C++ and/or whatever the fuck we want (as long as it's a common language like Python n shit).
>Java is the most used
>If you don't use java you're practically fucked at work
>Boilerplate piece of shit
Are we retarted?
No seriously, is the IT industry full of gimps, trannies and cucks so much so that we have to use the "Enterprise Standard" programming language?
Who the fuck set it as standard, a fucking cuntboy who just learned how to print "hello world"?
At work we use Oracle's shitty payed version.
OpenJDK is a thing too, and its FREE.
Just kill me already.

Attached: out-of-fucking-memory-error.png (633x680, 172.78K)

If you learn Java before you learn C it will damage your brain in such a way that you will have trouble learning how to use pointers later.

Attached: 1654959339515.gif (400x486, 161.41K)

How do you prove any damage at all?

Yes, we all are retarded. The IT industry and us, who question it.
IT "industry" is never going to work well for the end user, except for hardware selling, for the simple fact that HR and other management subhumans can't understand that software development is inherently a lonely job, with 2 guys on the same project at best to have the best results.

In fact, UNIX, although inside a company (AT&T), it was developed by one guy who wanted to play games in its free time. After that, programs were made seperately by separate people, mostly to help on its own job and not to help others' jobs.

what's the point of the pointers? isn't it just an address of another variable in ram?
btw never wrote in C, but started from Pascal.

The IT industry is ruined already. Everyone and their mom loves the next-big-thing-that-will-add-unecessary-complexity-to-your-project.

Java OOP has damaged the brain of thousands of developers as well.

Pointers store the memory address of things that are stored in the heap.

Things are stored in the heap when you can't know their size at compile time.

It is and the problem is basically around what you said: it is just an address. No boundary check, no access verification, no nothing.

Yeah i fucking noticed

user, please screencap this post and add it to a reminder in your calendar 5 or 10 years from now.

Nonsense, only if you are 89iq. I've started with C# like ten years ago and have been writing low level C for the past five years. Pointers aren't hard at all.

They're considered hard for Any Forums

I think is a Reddit meme. Normie education already presented them to me like ok, now we are getting into the big brain shit.

noted lad

Don't be a bitch and learn Java. You're there to do some work. It's what they pay you for. They're not paying you for memes. You think a trucker throws a fit when he can't drive his favorite type of truck? Of course not. He's there to do a job. Like a man.
God damn Zoomers. How will the world survive once they run shit.

All programming languages do the same thing, if you’re skilled at least

oh but sir, i never said that i didn't learn java

Attached: pepo.jpg (600x600, 60.3K)

>Is the IT industry retarded
Yes

you're god damn right,
now go tell that to the higher ups at the company i work at and see how they react

Colleges don't even teach C++ properly.

Oracle is fucking themselves over the absurd listening shit they’re trying to push. The company I work for is stripping Java out of everything they can cause oracle is trying to force them to pay.

*Licensing

They need a regular hit of latest-craze technology, or they have shit to brag about at the golfclub. You better work with that latest hype tech, because if bossman is the only one still working in C, he won't get invited to the party at the yacht, where all the on-paper-legal girls are.

Jr Dev here, I have never used or even seen pointers outside of academia. Who in the real world uses them?

It was a matter of time before Oracle would do that. They're not really in the big club, but they might even be more evil.
Java still survived pretty long under their rule I must say. They held back much longer than I thought they would.

Don't pester the C programmer. Pointers is all they have.

they cause problems when I have to write Java wrappers for a black box library that’s calling C internally and I have to create very specifically sized byte arrays for i/o or it segfaults

oh and the best part THE DOCUMENTATION FOR THE BLACK BOX IS WRONG

Bandaid programming. You jump into a codebase that was maintained by 9 different people over the last 17 years and you just want to spend 5 minutes and write an if else update statement and hope that it does not break the other 100 components. If something breaks, you have a phone number to call that can run a standard procedure and reset everything. You do not want to go on whitepages and find some basement dweller who will give you attitude on why you omitted a setting