Why do people on this board always say Linux is hard to use and a waste of time...

Why do people on this board always say Linux is hard to use and a waste of time? I genuinely have an IQ in the mid 90s and I was able to figure out distros like Debian, Fedora, and Manjaro pretty easily. Sometimes I did run into an issue, but it was never anything that a few copy and pasted commands in the terminal couldn't fix. I could probably figure out Arch or Gentoo, but in my opinion those distros are too autistic and I just want to get work done. I think you guys are stubborn idiots who get mad at anything that isn't Windows because it takes a little more time to get your bing bing wahoos to work.

Attached: 1320862.jpg (240x222, 16.75K)

first time here? wait till you find out about apple users on Any Forums

>Why do people on this board always say Linux is hard to use
people who want to feel good about themselves for spending time ricing their os
>waste of time
anything can be and is called a waste of time by someone

windows (especially 10 and 11) take so much longer to install and set up than all distros combined and multiplied by 10, i don't know how those niggers cope

nobody says that

It's easy to use for basic bitch grandma tasks but once you want to do stuff beyond the most simple of things it becomes hours of googling weekly

linux is only "oh this isn't so hard at all" for the first month and then you start breaking things on accident when trying to get stuff to work, and you have no clue what you messed up half the time

Name one thing you do on winblows quickly but takes you hours of googling.
Also stop googling and read the fucking manual.

he's right, i used ubuntu for a month plus and the snap store kept breaking, eventually i went back for games etc.

linux is good for stuff like qubes but loading on more and more things is asking for a googling

Anti-linux threads are shill threads meant to push people away from platforms that don't have built in backdoors.

Sorry for laughing my ass off, I really do.
Just yesterday some guy was complaining why his Kubuntu install didn't have thumbnails when picking files on webbrowsers.

I used ubuntu back in 2012, there was no snap bullshit. I just opened the terminal and installed what I needed.
10 years later, and I find what I need on AUR and build it from source in 2 seconds. You can't just keep blaming your lack of experience on the product. People would lynch you if you said "I'm using Canon D6 for a month now and can't change the f-stop, fuck this!"

Linux should be hard to use so normalfags stick with windows.

this

>name one thing
running dual monitors
connecting a printer
getting wifi adapters recognized
connecting to wpa2 networks manually
changing mouse click speed/advanced mouse options
having thumbnails in file picker
sorting files by date modified
opening proprietary mac archive formats (impossible)
directx
CAD and photoshop (no serious alternatives)
backward compatibility (windows 95+ software is near entirely compatible with modern windows. Most old linux software is irreparably broken on modern systems unless the source code is rewritten)

Attached: 1654971239385.png (291x351, 94.58K)

My IQ is 40 points higher now because I had pothead friends for a snapshot. Maybe you’re a little crazy or have the wrong intentions though so I’ll just say you shouldn’t rely on a snapshot

I installed 10 recently and it was quite quick other than having to dance around opting out to as much as possible. It took longer in sheer loading time than like ubuntu did but i imagine something like arch or gentoo would take longer. Regardless its really not bad to install at all idk why this is even brought up

>running dual monitors
I can run THREE monitors on a fucking tiling WM.
>connecting a printer
CUPS is literally used by mac homosexuals on professional settings to print photos or drawings. Works exactly the same on Linux.
>wifi adapter
Every Wifi card and adapter works by default because the kernel has generic of full drivers. You should complain about blueetooth.
>mouse speed
I swear you motherfuckers are blind, we have mouse settings and it's more advanced than what windows has. Again, the kernel even has smbus driver for touchpads that normally don't gesture on windows without a specific driver.
>WPA2 manual
Use networkctl, a command line program. Or conman, a gui program.
>thumbnails
We we do have them, this meme is as old as gay mac users meme, but unfortunately it's no longer true since 2014.
>sorting files
We have the exact same things as windows.
>mac archive
Never tried or used one, wouldn't know.
>directX
We translate directx calls to native linux ones on the fly.
>photoshop and cad
True. But at least our UNIX cousin has them. But again, they simply don't make it for us, rather than Linux having problems with it.
>backwards compatibility
Never tried it, considering you told around 100 bullshits, this must be false as well.

Attached: 1593563201998.png (1736x1259, 210.3K)

It takes 6 minutes to install Windows

>people who want to feel good about themselves for spending time ricing their os
user, people like that don't say Linux is hard to use, they say Linux is easy to use and all the people who can't figure it out are retarded, much like OP is saying right now. The people who unironically say Linux is hard to use are iToddlers. Meanwhile, people who actually get work done on Linux systems don't say either of these things, they say Linux is easy to use but it's not for everyone and if you don't use it then it's probably because it doesn't suit your use case rather than because you're too retarded for it, because no one would be too retarded for it because it's easy to use.

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

>I genuinely have an IQ in the mid 90s and I was able to figure out distros like Debian, Fedora, and Manjaro pretty easily
Linux isn't hard in the sense that you have to be intelligent to use it, it's hard in the sense that you have to have an incredible amount of patience to put up with its bullshit.

Idk everything works for me except the proprietary shit which works through wine. No idea what archive formats you're talking about so I can't test it. The only valid complaint is the backwards compatibility which does suck ass tbf.

Linux isn't hard to use, it's impossible to use in a work environment that requires applications to get things done. Nobody uses oses, people use applications.

They wouldn't let you use your thinkpad with riced Arch+anime wallpaper for work anyways.