What is the best way to learn programming? Should I start with Javascript?

What is the best way to learn programming? Should I start with Javascript?

Attached: FUzaPp6UEAAgxFy.jpg (1536x2048, 432.02K)

No you idiot

then what

Haskell

I want a job

Start with Arduino, making your own circuit boards, use Assembly, make a few projects, and then slowly move up to Forth, then Racket, then C, try BASIC for good measure, then finally remain on Rust, but nothing is preventing you from touching JavaScript, but I would recommend ClojureScript.

>just invent your computer bro

It doesn't matter what you start with (Python is popular for introducing people to programming and it's fine), but once you have the very basics, you need to spend some time with an assembly/machine language (doesn't necessarily need to be modern, you can play in emulators or whatever, in fact it's better if you're on a system simple enough to learn everything going on in it, like an Apple 2 or TRS-80).

The must-learn languages list is: C, Javascript, and GLSL. These are the foundations of portable code and if you want to get paid to program, you should master them. Native APIs are in C and it's essentially a portable assembly language, web APIs are in Javascript and it has typical features of a modern interpreted language, shaders are still mostly done in GLSL and allow you to access the computational power of the GPU.

If you learn these languages, then you can learn any other language easily, but they're not the best for being introduced to programming, and they're not a substitute for wrapping your head around assembly language.

Programming is mostly not learning languages, but learning concepts, techniques, and skills that can be applied in any language.

then you should learn haskell#

>what is the best way to learn programming? I tried nothing and I'm running out of ideas.

go to mcdonalds kid

I tried learning python but I hate Indentation

Attached: 1506135823590.jpg (900x734, 75.06K)

If you want web dev job, go for JS.
If you want job in different area, learn programming language that is used there.
It's not fucking hard.

I highly recommend you do a proper introductory online course so you can gain a deeper understanding of what the fuck you're actually doing
t. currently doing one on EdX

Attached: 1624719320816.jpg (1920x1080, 140.53K)

If you want a job yes

Honestly, emulating a first-generation (8-bit) home computer system and learning its BASIC and machine language is a great way to start. The total description of these systems fits in a booklet, nothing is done for you with libraries so you need to figure out how to do things with your own code, and the performance constraints are so tight you notice right away when you did something inefficient. Everything about these systems is done and dead, nothing changes about them, people know what all the good books are. Good beginner playgrounds, just don't get carried away.

Python's a language that makes things easy for you. That might sound like a good thing for beginners, but suppose you started learning arithmetic by being given a calculator. You'd be skipping a bunch of the basics.

Hating indentation is dumb, though, and you have to get over it. Indentation is a very helpful formatting technique, makes it much easier to look through your code and find things.

What kind of job do you want? Also jobs have worse compromises than having to deal with whitespace in your text files.

Idc just tell me where i can find whats in the pic

its a man

JavaScript is a versatile language and there is high demand for JS devs, but learning JS as your first language is not a good thing to do.

I strongly advise you to learn Java through the free online Helsinki Java programming MOOCs part 1 and part 2.

Java is a fucking awful language. Really, that goes for any language intended to tie the programmer's hands so they'll use "good style", but it goes double when that "good style" is Object Oriented Programming.

A beginner language shouldn't have a bunch of boilerplate. You should be able to type a source file consistent of a single line like:
>print "Hello world!"
...and have it print "Hello world!"

You should start with getting a kigu, it'll boost your performance tenfold and make learning programming a breeze, regardless of the language

Attached: 1630191355481.jpg (1536x2048, 370.36K)

Then you should go to college

ok boomer

i dont wanna make a thread so i would ask this here: should i pursue data analyst or web dev as a career? (i dont have any sort of degree)

Honestly go for it. I would start with C, because you won't understand how a computer works with JS. But if you don't care just jump straight into JS.