Why is employee turn over so fucking high in tech?

Why is employee turn over so fucking high in tech?

It seems everybody leaves after 1-2 years even if they seem they enjoy their job. It sucks to continually have to onboard new things people

Attached: 45E30D88-1E39-46E4-93F9-C9E1A5A1095A.jpg (2103x2041, 273.57K)

>Why is employee turn over so fucking high in tech?
because they aren't autistic and were purely chasing salaries. They are normalfags and it's a good thing they are leaving.

Broad knowledge is valuable in tech. You can't gain much staying with one company.

You basically get 10-20% more salary just by changing job

Blame companies for refusing to give raises, instead if you want a raise you have to move to a different company or be underpaid.

this

most autists at my company just write the tasks for themselves on their own, man likes to code and hates to get stuck in a rut of doing menial tasks

If you have a high turnover rate it sounds like you need to hire a data analyst consultant

Learning new stuff is fun. You stay at one place too long, you keep doing the same shit.

Pay them properly, problem solved. Else, hire pajeets for the prices you pay now and watch your projects fall apart in slow motion.

what for?

With pajeets projects fall apart in fast motion. Boomers and suits will implode in slow motion

I don't understand this economy either. If the incentive is 20% more salary at a new job, wouldn't that mean your own company could afford to pay you 20% more anyway? They sure have to after you're gone.

that is why you ask for a payraise first before leaving, dum dum

>1 year experience already asked for a raise even though no real progress was made

Sorry, all we can do is pizza party for lunch.

>best we can do is 5%
>your performance wasnt good enough this year, maybe next year though
Kek

>ask for a payraise first before leaving
Has this ever worked?
Protip: never

the only way to get a meaningful raise is to switch jobs
loyalty is worthless

Its more cost effective

>got 5%
>told them that it was inflation rate, I want 25%
>they looked at my linkedin 2 times
>got 25% raise
heh goteem

have plan b ready man, always be interviewing just to sharpen that skill (thats a completely different skillset than just solving real world problems)

It ain't about that, it's about externalising the cost of hiring a replacement. If they promote you, they have to hire someone to replace you. If they hire someone external for the higher position instead, then replacing him isn't their problem.

High demand, so anyone who can actually do the job can switch jobs at will, grass is greener thinking and weird reluctance of companies to match offers. I also think at some point most coders have produced so much spaghetti they want to escape their own creation and leave the shitshow to others. I'm right now maintaining one such heap of shit and if my job doesn't change in-company I'm jumping ship.

I learn something new almost everyday at my job. Been there for 4 years. I'm always working with new shit.