/psg/ - Privacy & Security General

"Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."
--Edward Snowden

>Recommended operating systems
General purpose: Fedora, K/L/Xubuntu, Arch Linux
Privacy focused: Whonix, Tails, Qubes OS

>Recommended mobile operating systems
Android based: GrapheneOS, CalyxOS, LineageOS/DivestOS
Linux based: PureOS, postmarketOS

>Recommended browsers
Chromium based: Brave, Bromite, ungoogled-chromium
Firefox based: Firefox (w/user.js), IceCat, LibreWolf, Mull, Tor Browser
ffprofile.com
pastebin.com/dc53qN57

>Browser tests
browserleaks.com
privacytests.org
ipleak.net
d3ward.github.io/toolz/adblock.html

>Advanced content blocking
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode

>Recommended search engines
Brave Search, DuckDuckGo, SearX, Startpage

>Privacy oriented DNS
nextdns.io
quad9.net
adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html

>Privacy oriented email
Disroot, ProtonMail, Tutanota, mailbox.org, StartMail
Cock.li, RiseUp (invite only)

>Recommended instant messengers
Signal, Briar

>YouTube front end
redirect.invidious.io
newpipe.net
freetubeapp.io
github.com/TeamPiped/Piped

>Proprietary firmware replacement
coreboot.org
libreboot.org

>Resources
privacytools.io
ssd.eff.org
haveibeenpwned.com
stallman.org/facebook.html
madaidans-insecurities.github.io
sizeof.cat/links
ryf.fsf.org/products
privacyspy.org
techlore.tech
thenewoil.org

>Advanced Linux resources
madaidans-insecurities.github.io/guides/linux-hardening.html
eldritchdata.neocities.org
vez.mrsk.me/linux-hardening.html

Attached: 1641473182219.png (700x394, 322.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

restoreprivacy.com/tor/
restoreprivacy.com/vpn/reviews/nordvpn/
restoreprivacy.com/vpn/reviews/surfshark/
restoreprivacy.com/go/nordvpn
teddit.net/r/TOR/comments/b4o713/tor_what_you_need_to_know/
teddit.net/r/TOR/comments/jvrty6/lies_everywhere/
teddit.net/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/fxj82b/tor_browser_good_or_bad/
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html#tb
arkenfox.github.io/TZP/tzp.html
wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Tor_Uplift
pcworld.com/article/443373/forget-badbios-nsa-turns-to-pirate-radio-to-target-air-gapped-computers.html
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/photos-of-an-nsa-upgrade-factory-show-cisco-router-getting-implant/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_ANT_catalog
underhanded-c.org/
wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Security:How_to_disable_TrustZone_in_STM32L5xx_devices_during_development_phase
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Glowniggers were getting really angry in the last thread, saying crazy things like "Intel ME isn't a backdoor."

LOL

>Privacy oriented DNS
does it really matter when domain is still visible even with https and DoH?

>restoreprivacy.com/tor/
Sven here runs defense for NordVPN and SurfShark, having a affiliate link for the former.
restoreprivacy.com/vpn/reviews/nordvpn/
restoreprivacy.com/vpn/reviews/surfshark/
restoreprivacy.com/go/nordvpn
Some leddit threads commenting on the article
teddit.net/r/TOR/comments/b4o713/tor_what_you_need_to_know/
teddit.net/r/TOR/comments/jvrty6/lies_everywhere/
teddit.net/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/fxj82b/tor_browser_good_or_bad/
>digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html#tb
I love this Polish schizo like you wouldn't believe, but he's calling TBB a honeypot on pure speculation.

newfag question:
could someone explain to me why every "privacy" browser suggests not to maximize the browser?
Sure, okay, websites can read your browser resolution.
But you can't tell me that being one of a million users with browser maximized at 1920x1080 (or any other common monitor size) hides you worse than whatever random dimensions you resize your browser to?

is there any browser that says that and isn't tor browser? if that's tor, it's to make all tor users have the same fingerprint

Depends on whether your ISP sells the domains they log on their domain server.

They COULD skim the domain names off of your TLS handshake.

There is screen resolution and the viewport which is the website portion
arkenfox.github.io/TZP/tzp.html

They change when your system font is not the same or you changed the task bar and when you have bookmarks shown or hidden

Maximizing (not opening in fullscreen) reaches different screen sizes for different users. A malicious site could not only get a unique fingerprint of you, but could easily narrow down your desktop environment. Gapped windows, taskbars, UI scaling, bookmarks bar, etc all effect browser screen size when you "maximize". Letterboxing makes fingerprinting less effective, think of it like rounding a number up or down to make it imprecise.
A lot of this is done with JavaScript, so blocking that by default is half the battle. (So much as running a fingerprinting test with JS enabled on TOR Browser on a portrait monitor gets you a unique fingerprint.)
LibreWolf (and I assume Firefox as well) have it as an option.

>LibreWolf (and I assume Firefox as well) have it as an option.

wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Tor_Uplift

The domain could only be parsed by the SNI at that point

That's because it's really not, the backdoors they have are more subtle than that, complaining about Intel ME is just a smoke screen for privacy noobs who really don't know what they're talking about, like (you)

>Any Forums
>protonmail
>tutanota
>duckduckgo
>quad9
>firefox
>brave
>privacy tools
>signal
>tor browser

Attached: 1521856956355.png (650x650, 43.05K)

as says I think librewolf might actually be the only one that says so, other than tor. brave says it returns "random fingerprinting values". I haven't used palemoon in a long time so I'm not sure if that does anything about it.

However, re-reading librewolf's faq, I think I misunderstood what it is saying. It says:
>we suggest against modifying any metric involved in RFP
implying not to resize the browser at all - just as tor suggests the same, so that all users of the browser have the same screen size - rather than avoiding specifically maximizing it

One of these days I'm going to find out who you are, and then you're fucking dead

>privacy tools are a honeypot
So how is ecryptfs a honeypot?

You're fucking retarded. I've fucking had it with fucking retards on this thread.

>worrying about IME when you have no idea what it even does
>probably don't even know about libreboot and coreboot
>not realizing ME can be unhooked from southbridge and disabled
>Forgetting that IME has to be set up first before it's used
>Not realizing the actual intricate spy tools that US agencies have such as XKEYSCORE, OLYMPUSFIRE, and every firmware exploit in the book
>Not realizing that the real 'hardware backdoors' glowies supposedly have take the form of secret CPU instructions
>Being drunkenly ignorant on the issue of encryption crippling

Do your homework! Meanwhile, you're probably not running a firewall or IDS on your network. You're an actual fucking tard. A skiddie could hack you in an hour. I know because I'm a skiddie and even I would have no trouble with you. Fucking dumbass.

Attached: you.jpg (962x1064, 148K)

>first post on the thread is a reddit spacing 2 digit IQ autist

Attached: Baconator_Supreme.webm (624x360, 2.92M)

>One of these days I'm going to find out who you are, and then you're fucking dead

Attached: 1385771891453.jpg (500x491, 29.38K)

>>not realizing ME can be unhooked from southbridge and disabled
lol retard IME is on northbridge, or now PCH on modern boards

Sorry, my mistake. Not quite my area of expertise, admittedly.

>>Not realizing that the real 'hardware backdoors' glowies supposedly have take the form of secret CPU instructions
Do those work remotely

I just want to add that I do all my Kosher computing on a custom ARM chip anyway. I'm pretty sure that one isn't backdoored by the way, seeing as how ARM schematics are open source. The manufacturers of my ARM64 chipset claim their supply line is secure and they use all open source no spyware.
The point is, secure silicon exists. If for no other reason, then just because there's a market demand for it.

LOL

ARM is backdoored with (((TrustZone)))

>Do those work remotely
pcworld.com/article/443373/forget-badbios-nsa-turns-to-pirate-radio-to-target-air-gapped-computers.html
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/photos-of-an-nsa-upgrade-factory-show-cisco-router-getting-implant/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA_ANT_catalog
underhanded-c.org/

>do CPU instructions work remotely
Why don't you get at least a Bachelor's and then come back here. Seriously, a dumb question, again. You can put them in an executable and run it. The executable can get in over your network, or over some other radio.

Trustzone is probably not malicious, and it can be disabled/hacked eg
wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/Security:How_to_disable_TrustZone_in_STM32L5xx_devices_during_development_phase

>hidden radios
>hidden radio signals
kek just get a faraday cage

>backdoored firmware
Git gud, and patch the firmware. You'll have glowie-tier skills at that point btw.