So I have this 13 years old pc with 32 bit architecture and I want to experience linux but it seems that most beginner...

so I have this 13 years old pc with 32 bit architecture and I want to experience linux but it seems that most beginner friendly distros don't support 32 bit anymore.

what do I do?

Attached: 1654773559317.jpg (400x400, 41.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/distrib/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Accept that 32 processors are 37 years old and at this point in time you'll have to make an effort for such old piece of tech to work

I'm planning to buy a new one

install Gentoo

install the latest version of ubuntu or manjaro that still support 32 bits until you can buy a good machine...

you can always come here to ask questions and someone with enough free time will tell you how to do esoteric things to fix your problems

I've heard they have many problems with dependency stuff

debian.org/distrib/

Debian or gentoo. The former werks the latter werks fast.

Don't know but that's just the shit that happens with old ass architectures

I have Slackware running on my 32 bit laptop.

hmmm
>gentoo
don't think I can handle it

Then debian is the only remaining choice since it will support x86 for "ever". But I warn you it will be much slower than the hardware allows because of extremely conservative compiler flags.

I'm used to being slow so no problem for me

make your own. I know some crazy turkroach who made his own LLVM/Clang, musl libc distro just fine. It's not really that hard nowadays.

So fuck off and buy a new one then. Why even make this thread??

Don't install linux for desktop unless your time has no value

Run a virtual machine on your non-junk PC. Problem solved much more conveniently then loading old junk.

ignore the demotivator shills sirs

>you can waste 12 hours a day trying to fix your cobbled together hobbyist-tier OS and that's actually a GOOD thing!

Attached: f187374758593930h.jpg (546x658, 34.15K)

>using the wrong tool for the job is actually really smart, you're just stupid!

Attached: 1647125935151.gif (640x640, 3.06M)