Why did they remove the system tray?

Why did they remove the system tray?

Attached: 1200px-Gnomelogo.svg.png (1200x1457, 52.13K)

Inconsistent icons and behaviors. They are working with Freedesktop to implement a standard API for systrays so they can bring it back later.

it looked terrible

It is much better not to have any indication that a program is running in the background as the icons in the systray get in the way of true productivity.

>picrel
Why do you not want to know what's running in the background of your system

Attached: chrome_EWuXGWRWW3.png (324x181, 8.73K)

Gnome already has those icons of background programs on the dash, the systray is redundant

This. The system tray has always been a redundant feature in desktop environments: as long as you have some kind of window/application list (which every DE indeed has), the system tray is unnecessary.

Everything it does can be easily replicated by an entry on the window list.

>GNOME
omg I'm gonna remooooooooove

They hate you and won't stop until you are no longer using that piece of shit tablet looking ass foot fag OS
You asked for this you gave them the power
Support KDE or get a foot up your ass and a fungal infection in your colon.

Attached: 1655090174429.png (456x549, 129.38K)

I just use htop.

you DON'T need it

Attached: 1637669205225.jpg (457x523, 67.97K)

How many decades will this take?

Who is "they"?

Me and Me.

The foot clan, did you not read OP?

Can you name one member of this clan?

Fritz Haarmann

>Why did they remove the desktop icons?

>They are working with Freedesktop to implement a standard API for systrays so they can bring it back later.
This may be true, but my heart tells me that will never happen in my lifetime.

jews

Probably because they're lazy and if they keep removing things they'll have to do less work

“GNOME’s logo is a huge footprint, but it is Gnot clearly established whether it is a huge memory footprint or a huge disk footprint. It has been theorized that the logo was originally slated to have two footprints, but the developers found having 2 feet to be an unnecessary feature, so they have been actively campaigning with the “One Man – One Foot” movement.”

Attached: a fucking foot.png (838x1198, 908.49K)

Right after they add thumbnails.

>GNOME
gno

Attached: 1653937862663.png (1680x962, 535.46K)

gem

It's what they do.

Attached: 1654538447174.png (743x310, 38.39K)