New video card

What do you guys think of pairing my FX 8370 with a GTX 1080? My Gigabyte Gtx 970 shit the bed with a massive shortcircuit between the layers. I really love the fx 8370, it's the king of its era. I don't wanna switch to the new meme i3 i5 i7 AMDs.

Attached: AMD-FX-8370.jpg (240x180, 7.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8zTzpYjQ2MM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it's well OC'd and you run at 1440p or higher, would be totally fine.
I did a build out of curiosity with old parts I had laying around, a FX-8350 and 2070 Super, at UW1440p/High, the CPU wasn't the bottleneck in most titles but still did 80+ FPS in most games. Was last year so was mostly tested from games from last year down to late 2010's.

Pics or it didn't happen

had a FX-8350
it doesnt matter what GPU you use, the CPU will shit itself from the heat.
>Yes i had CPU cooling
>Yes it was working perfectly

Never had heat related problems, 5GHz OC with AiO kept it always in the 60C's

mine shit itself when I reached 100k population in Cities Skylines :(

iirc the cpu themselves were easy to manage. the issue was poor motherboard vrms. those would easily overheat or even catch on fire if you didn't do your research. they learned their lesson with ryzen so now cpus can power limit themselves when they detect your vrms are shit. bulldozer never did this so it would run at max speed until your vrms popped.

>king of its era

Attached: 1644759208908.jpg (198x200, 15.62K)

Found one HwInfo pic of it still.

Yeah, cheap AM3 motherboards are not recommended for that but who in their right mind would pop in a highest end CPU to a medium or low end motherboard, specially for OC?
The lower end boards could not even deliver enough current for the CPU to not downclock automatically under load. You want a nice motherboard for that chip.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (646x590, 205.89K)

>but who in their right mind would pop in a highest end CPU to a medium or low end motherboard
people who post in /pcbg/
youtube.com/watch?v=8zTzpYjQ2MM

>FX-83**
>GTX 10**
This is dangerous. You might die from redpill overdose

Get a Radeon GPU instead. Nvidia cards are more hamstringed by a slow CPU than AMD cards.

Not really a chipset problem, more of a VRM problem. There were 970 chipsets that had good VRM, even mine was a 970 and did 200W easily.
This could happen under load of course with a cheap board that had shit VRM, but who knows if this isn't staged, happens too quick after turning on.

Technically true, pretty sure HU or GN even made videos about it, but unless you'll be running with low resolutions to force as bad of a CPU bottleneck as possible, it won't matter.

OP here, appreciate your guys input but I have a bigger problem. I'm not that interested in gaming anymore. What can I do to respark the passion? I tried playing cyberpunk 2077 and I just didn't care anymore. I had no interest in the story, mechanics. Too many details, I can't get lost in the game anymore. And this isn't the only one that I tried. It's like I lived them all.

You need the right game, which is hard to find. So keep trying or give up and fill your time with something else.

Yeah that's right. I keep trying the games that I used to play and I exit after 5 mins. When I got the GTX970 last year I started playing RDR2 and fell in love with it.

Just because you liked it doesn't mean you'll still do. Don't expect that, that's usually just disappointment. But glad you like RDR2, you still have hope, it's like trying to find a golden poo in a sewer.
Don't disregard indie games either, there's a lot of really nice stuff, but even harder to go thru them since there's so many, but many indie games these days crater more to old playstyle's that most newer games don't thanks to trying to appeal to everyone instead of a minority, plus they are higher quality these days than many AAA games were 20 years ago.

I would recommend Guild Wars 2 and just explore and play through the story.

Attached: 1317206281839.jpg (256x192, 20.05K)

This but ESO instead.

Attached: 1647092063172.jpg (1080x1283, 433.5K)

are you depressed? do you have (gaming) friends?

They are both good games with action style combat, and I play both and would recommend both. Last time I played ESO it didn't leave a lot of room for build variation, which kind of sucks.