Would (You) buy a used and abused mining GPU?

Would (You) buy a used and abused mining GPU?

Attached: SHrAgCzT_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22.6K)

If it was cheap enough, yes, though I'd repaste it, clean it, and likely run it at a slight undervolt.

I mined on my GTX 1080Ti for years and I took it out of mining and put it on my main PC and it works just fine. This GPU was on 24/7, but I did undervolt it.

Of course mining gpus are even more reliable than new ones I always buy mining gpus because mining gpus are the best.

For 40 dollars I'll buy pretty much any computer part.

Yeah, why not? Mining on my card was less abusive than playing AAA games. Sustained Temps 10c higher or more while gaming.

I can fix her.

atis point if it can do vulcan I'd be happy to

These prices are so fucking tempting bros. is it gonna keep doomping? Was thinking of upgrading my rx580 for a rx6700. Ironically my 580 is from the last crash back in 2018

May as well keep with tradition then, eh? Where are you seeing these prices anyway? Ebay?

Attached: eyes_up_here.jpg (720x705, 85.61K)

Yep eBay. I think I'll wait a bit though, I am seeing the prices trending downwards. My ol card has honestly been treating me well.

I'm also comparing whatever listing I see to PC part pickers price history

Obviously depends on if the previous user was retarded or not. If they just cranked the power limit to 120% and let it steam 24/7 in some moldy shed they'll die really fast, if they did the sensible thing and undervolted them they're as good as new.
I bought a couple of 1080Tis when the 3000 series announcement completely tanked their resale value for a few days which have a 99% chance of being from some crypto farm, so far none of them have died after I abused them further for ML training and the occasional mining.

Just charge back the fucker if the card is fried and he stated it as working

Straight up fucked cards being sold is rare and with chargebacks and the billion buyer protection clauses ebays got nowadays I really don't worry about that at all. What I'd be much more concerned about is a card dying a few days/weeks after you got it because the previous owner was retarded.

No way i'm buying some cryptobro's sloppy seconds. They should continue to be unable to sell it off and suffer for their financial decisions

Unless they're Any Forums regulars those cards have payed for themselves a long time ago.

> Ironically my 580 is from the last crash back in 2018

Hey, same. I'm tempted to get a 6800XT now for a little over MSRP, but at the rate the prices are falling it feels like i'd be able to get a 6900XT for the same amount in a month or two. The 6800XT is the only one left that's over MSRP because everybody wants it

You'd think, but don't forget how they used to cost double or sometimes near triple msrp just 6-7 months ago while ETH has been on a steady trajectory to the toilet since then. The ones who had their cards pay for themselves by now would've had to have bought them around april-june of last year. If you bought a double price 3090 around november you might've assumed it would pay itself off soon, or that it already had this year, but chances are you kept hodling your mined coins instead of cashing them in and you're now in the negative in the real world.

Crypto farms, aka the ones dumping GPUs en masse, aren't buying their GPUs from some retailer they get it directly from the factory one way or another. As I said only Any Forums and other retards that have heard about crypto once and fomod all in manage to lose money on crypto mining.

iktf bro

>used and abused
mining GPUs are being run undervolted in climate controlled environments. on the other hand, I would avoid buying from gaymers because they run them overclocked and cooked inside glass/plastic front nzxt cases.