Other than raycasting how can i create the illussion 3d space from a 2D GUI/screen/engine

other than raycasting how can i create the illussion 3d space from a 2D GUI/screen/engine
like elliptical orbit or something simpler

Attached: AC2tt.gif (642x479, 1010.83K)

Have you heard of this new fangled thing called,
rasterization?

Just draw the thing on the screen and zoom in and out the sprites

lol i suppose but i have issue on writing camera and its viewfinder rotation whatnots...

what about the camera rotation?

heard of affine transformation?

what does that do with the camera rotation though

Attached: download.png (183x276, 3.42K)

Literally go to learnopengl.com and start at the beginning.

because you're not actually "rotating the camera", rather you're rotating everything else
the result looking like a camera moving through static geometry is itself an illusion, in fact there is no camera and the geometry is being transformed around the screen

Yeah this definitely needs more picture from my side... Any recommended IDE with tools?

I mean, I followed that set of tutorials with vim, but one of the setup chapters explains how to install the dependencies in visual studio if you're a windows user. There's nothing in there tht should be hard to follow if you already know C or C++. It's an excellent and very thorough set of instructions

this is done with matrix or do you rather use the circle equation?

i remember the entire opengl tutorial even though i never practiced any single code but it is the kind of 3d and camera projections i am concerned about

>read an opengl tutorial
>confused about "rotating the camera"
seems legit

>illusion 3d space from a 2D GUI/screen/engine
could draw some isometric tiles like the original diablo. your scene could be a 2d grid of tiles with walls, and some other freely placed objects (sprites). you draw each tile pixel by pixel, but sprites have to be handled separately.

The camera doesn't move, the scene does. Want camera rotation? apply a rotation matrix to all the vertices in your scene, same for translation. The only difficulty is then to apply them in the correct order, I find it helps to think of translation matrices as something that moves a "3D cursor" of sorts, and rotation matrices rotate around the cursor.

>floor drawn at a different height from the walls
>failed attempt at fisheye correction
What was this made for?

Lol, im more on the raycasting part...
what if i want to add a single rotation around the screen? so entire game is visible from several angle, as in "3d"?

>filtered by fucking 1980s 2D raycasting

>filtered by matrices

ngmi

>reddit spacing
go back

i've seen this guy before, he's after 3D made out of sprites, like those late 80's arcade machines which drew "3D" environments out of scales sprites

Attached: tumblr_4d478c2945980f28915d8ae851cb3e76_c77ba72c_500.gif (540x407, 2.58M)

just let your artist draw the sprites from all possible angles :^)

Almost correct but i need the whole 3d space of sorts...and not just a single direction...

This made boomers shit and piss and cum. Screensaver really were soul

the camera doesnt rotate, the sprites are redrawn