My computer is suddenly slower. Should I run an anti-virus software? Which one is the best free one?

My computer is suddenly slower. Should I run an anti-virus software? Which one is the best free one?

Attached: 1639430144315.png (1200x385, 833.67K)

Install a one month free trial of Norton.

>Should I run an anti-virus software
no

Install a smaller operating system that has less moving parts for viruses to hack into. Arch installed via archinstall is comfy, and only as hard as you make it.

If you are too brainlet to troubleshoot, just backup your data and reinstall your OS/

>Which one is the best free one?
brain™

Download more speed. You've used up the speed the computer came with now you need to get more. It's a Jew trick of course to keep the goyim enslaved. Should have bought the unlimited speed option.

download more RAM

I reinstall Windows 10 every fucking day it's so bad.

run sfc /scannow
and the dism tool command, google it

i would reinstall and install linux dual boot along side it. do your games on windows and everything else on linux. then nothing will be slow ever again

Get protegent

Attached: 37279f44_eab0_420d_ab51_082162c7b683_3.png (219x241, 40.26K)

antivirus are dataminers now so if you have a virus try malwarebytes and thats it, anyways you shouldnt get viruses in 2022, like where do you even get them?

>Which one is the best free one?
Common sense

it started getting slower after i downloaded many files from /t/

you can download a virus and still be okay, the problem is if you open an .exe or something like that, if you downloaded a zip and never extracted it or opened the shit inside you should be safe, so did you double click anything suspicious? try malwarebytes

i did and there's no virus

no i downloaded mostly pictures. maybe it's because i filled up the disk. it's 80% full (ssd)

then most likely yes, its not a virus

The best free Windows antivirus is unironically Windows Defender.
All other free Windows antiviruses are viruses. Even some of the paid ones are viruses.
Linux doesn't have this problem, all the best antivirus software for it is free:
>selinux (questionable, high scrutiny)
>apparmor
>fail2ban
>ufw
>vrms

Not OP but i wanna do this. Im running an arch install and i dont really know what to back up other than my .config and pictures. I have a lot of torrents i would like to keep and steam games which i only want the saves not games, how should i go about backing up my stuff?

Mostly Windows computers become suddenly very slow when the Windows Search service shits itself and its disk usage is 100% at all times, thus hogging disk access from other programs. Check if that's the case in your task manager and disable the service. This doesn't stop Windows Explorer from being able to search, it only stops the Start Menu from searching for files (however it will still find things in your %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ and %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ where all your start menu program shortcuts are located, so you likely won't notice the difference if you don't use the start menu to search for files.)