Be diagnosed with ADHD with 30

>Be diagnosed with ADHD with 30
>Always thought it just affected spoiled annoying kids
>Everything makes so much sense now
ADHDnons, what technology helps you organise, follow through with projects and be less of a failure?

Attached: A3C6D9E5-7A6D-4724-8782-267DF5D03F28.jpg (1125x554, 45.7K)

>finished my side project and made the repo public yesterday
Feels good man

I don't think I have ADHD, but I used to have trouble getting started on projects
The only thing that really got me invested was when the result was something I really needed

Attached: 1650724156097.png (1666x136, 30.92K)

i was diagnosed when i was like 6 or 7, i don't specifically remember, my memory starts after then
all i remember is i stopped taking ritalin at 10
i'm 32 now
if you figure something out, let me know

ADHD it's just an americano invention to sell you pill lol. i thought I was ADHD too, mom took me to the doc, the doc told me mum I was just a spoiled kid who spent too much time on pc. my parents then decided to send me to a boarding school where I made friends irl for the first time in my life. life is good now, I'm in uni, Im trying to keep my grades high, which is kind of killing me but I don't mind. user, take your life back, remove all your videogames, start studying as hard as you can, learn and become literally better. stop with excuses

Attached: IMG-20220612-WA0077.jpg (900x1600, 342.65K)

Found a retard

i'm most sick of people who think it's made up or an excuse to me lazy
no you retard, maybe your doctor got it wrong, but it's a real disability

i'll literally do things like offer to make a roommate a cup of tea, go to the kitchen, make myself a coffee, then an hour later wonder if i made that tea
it's fucking embarrassing to be an adult with this, we don't need retards saying it's made up as well

This place keeps stunning me with retarded takes, never change

Getting started is the easy part for me. I actually have to restrain myself to not start a million projects. Finishing is the hard part. Even once the hard parts are done. For my master thesis I worked on 3 projects that were in a good shape and it was almost impossible to consider them done and write everything down. I managed due to external pressure, but I have so many unfinished personal projects.
Kys retard. I'll go through excessive amounts of work just to postpone what I have to do. I recently had to do one thing, found a couple smaller bugs in open source projects which didn't really affect me, but rather than work on my stuff, I spent the week filing big reports and creating pull requests. Maybe you're just a lazy piece of shit, but that's not the same as ADHD

ADHD is another clever name for congenital volitional defect. Your parents were amorphous lazy parasites, and now you are also an amorphous lazy parasite. expect no life success in old age, lack of money, NEET, etc. This is not treated in any way, under Adderall you will only consume content more energetically, for example, go through games to the end.

>Things aren't real unless they affect me
A 9mm might help.

Attached: 1632940826969.png (800x650, 619.03K)

If you already have some projects, just pick one and work on it for some set amount of time a day
Try the Pomodoro technique to see if it helps you focus

>Try the Pomodoro technique to see if it helps you focus
I hate pomodoro with all my guts. Either I keep getting nervous about the time running out soon, or I manage to focus and then the break kills it. I feel like this was invented by someone who wanted to annoy people with ADHD. I find it quite hard to start focussing, but when I manage, I find it hard to stop. Then suddenly it's 2am and I realise I haven't had a cup of water since lunch. If there was a technique nurturing hyperfocus but with moderation, that could work.

>plenty of time left: plenty of time left, i'll just watch this quick youtube video
>little time left: i really should do that thing
>no time left: first thing tomorrow, for sure
>next day: forgot what the task was

didn't think you ADHD girls were so fragile
maybe it's Alzheimer?
oh no! he said that ADHD doesn't exists and that means that I'm actually a lazy low IQ individual! just grow up
ADHD is a fake retardation, it's not genetic, it's your parent's fault! kids nowadays are so spoiled they aren't even able to eat without looking at their tablet. if you americans would spend some times with their children instead of feeding them Ritalin since the age of 6 () maybe the world would be a better place.
You guys are just lazy people looking for excuses and that goes to my flatmate too, who "forgets" to clean is dishes after every lunch because he has to play videogames 20/24. groooow up

Attached: 1655036858070.jpg (696x734, 53.42K)

yea it's either full speed or full stop
once you're in the zone you can't take a break, otherwise you risk not being able to get going again at all

i'm not american
also before ritalin i was a bully, apparently one time i almost took someone's nose off with a pair of scissors
really hated ritalin though, you end up spaced out with no desire to do anything, been like that ever since, it's entirely possible it did more harm than good
are you really going to blame me for this? i didn't choose this

no user I would never blame you for this, I didn't want to be so rude. All I wanted to say is that probably, there's a reason why you feel like this, and it's a lot probably that it's not genetics

Stop with the projection, I'm neither American, nor a zoomer, nor was I diagnosed as a kid. I went to a psychiatrist because of depression and he diagnosed me, explaining the depression with constantly being overwhelmed because of adhd. With adhd medication, I don't stress all day about doing the dishes and other mundane things, so I can actually function as a normal human being. Pick up a book on adhd before spreading such nonsense. Kids looking at tablets have nothing to do with adults being diagnosed with adhd.

who knows, the point is that it's done now and laughing at me over it says more about you than it does me
this is why adults don't talk about it much
i don't want to embarrass you either, it's just that as you can imagine i get this kind of response every single time, and i'm seriously sick of it

goodmorning sir

>it's a lot probably that it's not genetics
ADHD is one of the disorders with the strongest genetic component. Stop embarrassing yourself.

>Getting started is the easy part for me. I actually have to restrain myself to not start a million projects.
Are you me?

But my parents work pretty hard, I'm just a lazy shit

I fucking hate this so much
every single day this same routine, I wish I could change it but I can't

Stop dehumanizing yourselves and shifting the blame towards an external factor called "adhd". If you are not responsible, then who is?

Based, really sent the pill addicted americanos looking for any excuse possible to avoid blame for their personal failures in a frothing rage

hey adhd user how did you go about getting diagnosed?
asking for a friend who is identical to me but otherwise not me

Split the work into smaller parts that seem manageable within a reasonably short time (e.g. a day). Create accountability. Tell your friend "I'm going to implement this feature today" so you have to do it or disappoint him. If your brain is stingy with dopamine, a 6 month project won't be worth it. Why do something now if you only get the dopamine 6 months from now?
What motivates people with ADHD is novelty and pressure. Try to incorporate both. Make tasks interesting to you and make short deadlines. And don't think you can control yourself, your brain is literally too clever to be tricked and too retarded to be productive.
>Why finish this project to get a rewarding shot of dopamine if I could just order some chink shit for the same kick?
3 months later the project is still unfinished and you wonder what to do with that crab pen holder that's in your mailbox