Is delidding your CPU just a meme or is it worth it, intelbros? Have you done it, what are your experiences...

Is delidding your CPU just a meme or is it worth it, intelbros? Have you done it, what are your experiences, and would you recommend? What are some good use cases?

Let's hear it

Attached: 9fd7904a388a488789cce12ebbc2a649_XL.jpg (1200x519, 179.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jbTi5Ed89Yk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they should unironically sell unlidded cpus for a premium
same with gpus without a heatsink/fan setup

Are they seriously still selling intel CPUs with garbage paste in 2022?

>is diddling worth it
i don't know, you tell me pedo.

>2022
>still buying new hardware
>buying Intlel CPUs with TIM instead of soldered heat spreaders
Ya ain't gonna make it, retard.

If you got an Intel processor with paste under IHS, such as i7-8700K and i9-7980XE, chances are something in the current market would save the hassle

I think they do at Silicon Lottery, but that was many years ago

Why do CPUs have an IHS in the first place?

I think they wanted to protect the die from rough mounting of the heatsink. Some people managed to break of corners during installation.

Resale value takes a big hit.

>No IHS
>Possibly been abused to hell and back.

>retards make everything worse for everyone else
God I hate the average person.

I'm mean it works but I don't think it's worth it unless you sperg over thermals. Just use a solid cooler and move on with your life

I have an AMD CPU so I don't have to worry about stupid shit like that

Depends on your CPU and only worth it if you really need to shave of some more heat (usually for OC or CPU has shit/old TIM). I did it on a 4790k and a 3570k using the vice method, pretty quick and painless, lowered tempt by 5~7C.
Overall I wouldn't recommend it for normal use cases nowadays. Just grab a decent cooler or don't buy toasty CPU and can't afford a good cooler for it.

I would think not after seeing and looking around
youtube.com/watch?v=jbTi5Ed89Yk
seems like people can get around 3 to 5 degree drop in CPU temps if they go all out, and with all the tools and tutorials the failure rate is much lower then it use to be. So it comes down to something like do you want say 4 degree temp drop for 10% odds the CPU dies from some error you made? For me that doesn't seem like a gamble I would make, but I am not a gambling kind of guy.

I never had any problems with IHS (or without it). I think the anger is only with some Intel CPUs that used toothpaste as connection between die and IHS.

Only Intel CPUs I own are third gen i7 mobile CPUs and they don't have any IHS.

Does lapping zen3 do anything? My 5900x runs hot and if better paste doesn't solve it I'll either go custom chiller or very loud Delta fans

Attached: 1654753322941.png (1141x1080, 599K)

Isn't the IHS not soldered onwith Ryzen?

>Is delidding your CPU just a meme or is it worth it, intelbros?
fucking retarded/10.

> being so brain damaged to use the paste supplied with OEM parts
people do this? scary.

Almost all CPUs now are soldered, so there's no point unless you want to go direct die with a proper custom loop or active heat exchanger.

>> being so brain damaged to use the paste supplied with OEM parts
>people do this? scary.
Between the die and IHS user. But no it's soldered.