Windows Powershell

Why did windows even make powershell? I don't think it added anything signifcant over bash scripts, and makes it essentially useless as a terminal with all the added "security" they put int

Attached: powerpepe.png (552x632, 93.18K)

i use it

Attached: 1655090130565.png (641x355, 211.2K)

>I don't think it added anything signifcant over bash scripts
it did, so jot that one down

Do you do anything that couldn't be done with the old terminal?

no

Attached: 1655090255447.gif (250x228, 36.91K)

I guess my question is Why does Microsoft try to make it "A thing". They removed the option to open the old terminal with right clic, all of the helpsites use it.
It seems like it tries to solve something no one asked for

I know it did, but it's almost the clunkiest option to do anything.

It’s garbage and stupid. And unusable. Windows made it solely cuz muh bash script.

Spoilerrr::::bash is actually useful

Powershell isn't for using it as a terminal, it's for wageslave to make scripts to do their jobs without needing to go through the bureocracy of installing something else like Python, and it does integrate pretty well with COM objects.
It's a modern equivalent to VBScript which is mostly obsolete and not very suitable for IT work.

>I don't think it added anything signifcant over bash scripts
Can bash make this?
>with all the added "security" they put int
This is only a problem if you are a retard using deprecated software.

Attached: 1655090622204.webm (500x360, 756.69K)

I guess I could see the point in that. I haven't ever worked in an office where actual document crunching is a thing, but I guess that has to still exist out there somewhere. Seems like most companies use their own software to do what excel and proper folder managing can do better.

I use the terminal to run compiled x86asm

Bash is not well suited to managing Windows because it is based around manipulating text and Linux is far more text based than Windows is. PowerShell addresses these shortcomings by adding deep support for .net objects and manipulating a Windows domain and it's installed by default in Windows workstations and servers. Overall it's better designed than bash because doing everything through text manipulation is a meme.

You can invoke cmd from within PowerShell.

What's the point of being able to do this? Shell scripting languages are the things you use to execute programs that you already wrote in another, better language. All this proves is that PowerShell is comically over-engineered.

It's not even that, if you want to do number crunching and statistics Excel has VBA for that.
Powershell is more for IT stuff and automating Windows functionality. For example if you want to install or update some software in company machines, edit a config file in a certain way, rotate/grep logs stored in a bunch of machines, serve an html file over localhost, etc. you use Powershell.

That's not really done only using powershell.
engine.dll is probably a custom c++ project that provides COM bindings to Raylib, or something like that. Am I right?

>can your shell do ./program to run program?!
what did xe mean?

he couldn't live without his modern wrappers to handle everything for him

>What's the point of being able to do this?
I dont know. Probably because having a real programming language to handle shell stuff its better than use something from 1930.
Ya, engine.dll its a C# library.
The whole game logic was written in PowerShell.
É lidar.

Attached: the chad stack.jpg (800x800, 184.86K)

>Imagine depending on other people's code

>Probably because having a real programming language to handle shell stuff
Ok but why? Why is that desirable?

Powershell is actually extremely, well, powerful, for system/domain administration.

I'm okay with that.
I dont know.
I prefer because you get the easy of use of a shell scripting language with the power of C#.
Some people use python for shell stuff.

I use my admin credentials to install python on my user account. I dont care.