Use Freenet

Stop using Neocities to host your static web pages. You all claim to hate the corpo net, yet use a corpo-owned site for hosting.

>For those of you who don't know what Freenet is:
"Freenet is a peer-to-peer platform for
censorship-resistant and privacy-respecting
publishing and communication."

>moar info:
freenetproject.org/pages/documentation.html

>"but muh zeronet"
Freenet allows secure and truly anonymous free hosting of static web content. It's literally Zeronet but better. Stop doing what the glowies tell you to by shilling less secure shit.

>"but muh cheez pizza, hurr durr"
Null talking point - there's more on the clearnet. Do your research.

I swear to Xenu, don't make me start posting a /Frnt/ - Freenet General thread.

Do you want the old web back? Do you want real privacy? Start using Freenet today.
freenetproject.org/pages/download.html

Attached: 1626668433762.jpg (1000x1167, 412.76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/freenet/fred/releases/download/build01493/new_installer_offline_1493.jar'
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It can even do p2p forums (pic related)

Attached: 1650991755924.png (771x888, 85.22K)

seems pretty based

How much work is it compared to setting up a site on Tor?

Attached: z5lcip4dafatwwa6hvyibizpzwycvwp67cjga3hzjhxhwvuyaqavxnid.onion.png (1803x985, 1002.87K)

Retard here, tried to install freenet on Fedora with these commands
wget 'github.com/freenet/fred/releases/download/build01493/new_installer_offline_1493.jar' -O new_installer_offline.jar
java -jar new_installer_offline.jar
But got pic related

Also, is there some sort of search engine for freenet sites?

Attached: file.png (1103x216, 49.36K)

Possibly easier, since you don't need to configure a web server, and you don't need to maintain a server.

You probably have only the "headless" version of the jdk. Install the full version of the package. On Ubuntu it's openjdk-11-jre.

IM THE SHITPOSTER THAT POSTED MENTAL OUTLAW IN /META/

I WILL RETURN WITH MORE SHITPOSTS

YOU CANT GET RID OF ME

Attached: intruder.png (728x546, 284.1K)

>Also, is there some sort of search engine for freenet sites?
I don't know, but there are indexes with lists of pages. It even has a page with a cutesy array of small images for each site.

Attached: 1633332892048.png (1041x881, 456.76K)

>solve about 10 captchas
Are these checked by more trusted peers? What happens if someone breaks the captcha and starts mass solving them?

They are generated and checked by other announced user's clients.
If somebody broke it and started mass spamming from automatically generated identities, you would have to increase the minimum trust level of retrieved posts, which means you would only get posts from users who have been manually given trust by somebody. The downside is that you wouldn't see posts from new users who haven't been manually verified by someone else.
The idea is called Web of Trust and it's the best way of dealing with spam without relying on moderators that I've seen so far.

It really speaks to who's using this garbage when all of the pages hosted on it are some variation of a cypherpunk LARP containing lengthy, pedantic articles on estrogen or downloads for barely maintained/usable software. I'm so glad your type is a self solving issue; when you turn thirty and 41% it'll be fucking hilarious. Maybe then this board will stop being so fucking shit. No one besides your own clique of delusionals will ever use this software, and you will never be a woman. Kill yourself, unironically.

What triggered you so much? The anime picture?
I don't have a "clique".
I only have Internet discussions on Any Forums, but I like Freenet's design from a technological standpoint so I wish I had people on there to talk about the same cool stuff that we talk about on here except in a decentralized platform.
If I was a tranny I wouldn't be shilling fucking Freenet, I'd be shilling Pleroma or something like that.
I don't think I will ever kill myself. Only in my lowest moments have I considered it and decided against it.
I fear death enough by itself, I'd rather follow Pascal's wager and not risk spending eternity being tortured in Hell.
And I'd rather stick around and see how things turn out in the future, and try to bring glory to the world in my own small way, like Terry Davis always talked about. But you never know.

Kronii?

dunno got the pic from another user

Attached: mumeibelly.png (1447x1734, 1.23M)

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Attached: 1643725445669.gif (500x737, 1.28M)

tumy

But user..

Attached: marine23.jpg (1771x2508, 492.43K)

y-yes, anonymous?

Attached: suisei50.jpg (800x450, 95.38K)

it could be interesting

java kind of turns me off

stop it... I'm supposed to hate vtumors

Its okay user I forgive you
*chu

Attached: suisei10.jpg (1009x1500, 220.54K)

once you're done posting all your tummy pics, please sir needfully return to /vt/