If for whatever reason the internet is gone

if for whatever reason the internet is gone
how hard is it to build a messaging protocol with amateur ham radio ?

Attached: mirc-BZEwO8ZcLmtkhvHJMiH0_screenshot.gif (498x386, 36.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/104O8Ff6esps
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fldigi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>iRoNmonKe

Attached: 432bae42-88fc-53ec-87d5-42e4f1a64f4c__68985.1620705920.1280.1280.jpg (520x650, 49.68K)

voca.ro/104O8Ff6esps

i like the sing-songy cadence

Wait, you want to build some IRC client where the messages are transmitted with radio waves ?

It's above my pay grade. But I'd say that it would only work well if a few people do this, because radio is a good one-to-many communication system, not many-to-many.
If every body was doing this, how would you distinguish your messages from everyone else's ?

>It's above my pay grade.
just use packet radio

Cool. But it's the same thing: radio waves.
Whithout even talking about everyone being able to being able to receive your messages, how do you deal with interferences ?

>being able to being able to
I'm a bot btw lol

kill yourself fucktard

So you're going to reinvent digital wireless communications?

idk user, I ask /diy/ and they send me here instead

easy does it lad

I'd day that here is the place for the software part and /sci/ would be the place for the radio part. At least if you want to reinvent the wheel and have to understand how radio communication would work from scratch

We already transfer digital/electronic data over radio waves by encoding it with sound. So in theory, you could simply make an algorithm to encode data like 0s and 1s into sound and then send shit over the air.

Some kind of Public/Private key infrastructure would ABSOLUTELY be needed since MITM attacks would be practically unavoidable but I think you biggest concern would be bandwidth. This shit would be slower than dial up.

/sci/ is might as well be 2nd /x/ at this point
at least /diy/ have /ham/

>/sci/ is might as well be 2nd /x/ at this point
what ?
why ?

Conspiracy theorists didn't like /x/ so they took over /sci/.
I think even the Riemann schizo gave up on the board.

I've not been there in a few months but I used to be daily there
One thing for sure is that the christfaggots are replicating themselves, just like in Game of Thrones

there was childrens toys that used UHF radio to send messages so it cant be that hard. It had a max range of 3~km (more likely 1km) probably due more to fcc regulations or the fact it's a childrens toy cheaply mass produced in a factory. You would probably have to implement a similar system to IPs or "buddy numbers" where you use a number to uniquely broadcast your id so other clients would know who you are etc maybe it indicates which part of the band your data will broadcast from to help with congestion and maybe a signal channel similar to wifi that autoscans for least crowded channel

At the core of it though you would probably just encode and decode data into text signals I guess you would just use something like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fldigi

hamradiofags are more autistic and elitist, its like an IRL forum with IRL jannies

thanks, will look into it